Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Forum NFL Survival pool/Pick 'em

Dave Bryce

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8-8! Man are the Raiders pathetic! Ha! You wouldn't hear that out here in Bronco Land.

Go BRONCOS! You're in heaven with 9-7!

It's a sad time, we live in, old pal.

Although, the Chargers could completely fall apart, making one of our mediocre teams playoff bound. I'm assuming KC will have another stellar season, of course. :D

Everyone's still alive (after only one game) still its a start. There wasn't much variety this week in terms of who everyone picked. If Philly or Indy lose this week the pool is going to get a whole lot smaller.

I didn't make my week 1 pick on time in Survival. Eliminated. :(

In trying to get my Pick 'Em done before the game last night, my f'n PDA would only allow me to pick the Giants instead of my team. :rolleyes:

I made the right pick based on the game outcome. ;)

So, while I will not be kicking a** in Survival, I can still look forward to Pick 'Em. :):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

6 of 14.

We had one more member in the survival pool than in the pick 'em.

Oh...you're talking about ProfD, who was eliminated without/because of not making a pick.

I'm not sure that qualifies as Week 1 carnage. Sure, he was eliminated, but not by the traditional method of making an incorrect choice...I call that a forfeit, not a loss.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Although I'm one to talk. I'm here between the Bucs, Jags, and [shudder] Dolphins. Go Somebody!!

Everyone knows that any keyboard player in Flordida worth their salt, roots for the Bucs.... :wave:

I did in the pick 'em, and you see what that got me. Good thing I didn't take them in the survivor pool.

It was nice, though. I got my mother-in-law's new 42" HD TV set up just in time to watch the game.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I did in the pick 'em, and you see what that got me. Good thing I didn't take them in the survivor pool.

I only said you shoot root for them. I never suggested you actually pick them... :D

That is why I am a lousy gambler. I choose based on emotion rather than using logic.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Hey, anyone have any idea how the Pats managed to go from 16.5 point favorites on Monday when I made my pick to even a day later? :eek:

dB

This is a blip in the system. Maybe Griff can elucidate. Technically, it wasn't even; it was "off." I believe this means that the Pats were such overwhelming favorites that they pulled the game off the board in Vegas.

In a non-monied pick 'em pool, this shows up as even odds, but what it really means is you can't bet on this game.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Hey, anyone have any idea how the Pats managed to go from 16.5 point favorites on Monday when I made my pick to even a day later? :eek:

dB

This is a blip in the system.

[paranoiamode]

Or did someone KNOW BEFOREHAND that Brady's knee would be snapped like a twig in autumn?

[/paranoiamode]

Just kidding. Right?

Hey, do I get a special prize? With the exception of one game that was a push, I picked wrong in EVERY GAME. Good thing I don't gamble.

Willie Dixon

Hey, do I get a special prize? With the exception of one game that was a push, I picked wrong in EVERY GAME. Good thing I don't gamble.

It's early, don't fret. Most of us just shake our heads in disbelief on monday mornings just like you do. Well, except for antimatter, but he went to 'bookey school' in Atlantic City, so don't mind him. :D

Just study the trends you can pick up on, and by week 6 you're golden!

TROLL . . . ish.

It's early, don't fret. Most of us just shake our heads in disbelief on monday mornings just like you do. Well, except for antimatter, but he went to 'bookey school' in Atlantic City, so don't mind him. :D

Just study the trends you can pick up on, and by week 6 you're golden!

It's just something fun to do, so I'm not fretting. It just takes a special talent to pick every game wrong.

Willie Dixon

Archived