Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

poll: favorite workstation

zephonic

Fave workstation  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Fave workstation

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the poll should be arranged in other way - by brands, not by models, and this is because different models from each brand use same seq. engines. For example, Korg's sequencer didn't change from the 01/W series, I mean in terms of layout and workflow. Of course, some new features were added, etc.

I'd make a poll look like this:

1)Kurz

2)Korg

3)Ensoniq

4)Roland

5)Alesis

6)Yamaha

7)don't use h/w sequencers

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

Going with how BloodyMary ordered the poll, while i love my Motif, I don't use it as a workstation, so my answer would be 6.5.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

some of us have more than 1 , you should know

ever have more than 1 girl friend ?

at the same time ?

:D

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

So the poll would be something like 'which workstation you use to record on?'

If you use more then one, pick a favorite.

Seems that many musicians still use older workstations, like Ensoniqs and Trinity, O1/W, yammie EX, etc.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

still lovin' the 7400 event, 8 track sequencer in my Ensoniq SQ80 for quick scratchpad stuff. Serious work gets done in Sonar. Realistically, I have sequences for my 01w, K2000, SQ80, Cubase, Traktion, and my beloved Sonar. I really need to consolidate this stuff.

Jay

I have Sonar as well but for scratchpad stuff I use an old Kawai Q-80 hardware sequencer with my Alesis QS7. I love the Kawai, 26,000 note capacity, loads of editing features and disk drive.

In fact, I wrote the theme to a local TV exercise show with that setup, recorded the audio output from the QS7 into my computer and mastered it with T-RacKs and that was that!

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

Archived