Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gig bag for cords, pedals, boxes, etc.?

newguy_dup1

Hi All - I've got two pedals (one is a heavy/bulky Yamaha FC9), numerous cables, a preamp or two, afairly delicate outboard 1u effects box, my music notes, harmonicas,, everything but the kitchen sink.

Right now I use a carry-on flight bag for all that. So I only need to carry three things into a practice or a gig - my keyboard, my stand, and the carry-on bag. It looks kind of hokey (red and beat up), but what I really like about it are the multiple zippered compartments. For example, I've got my pedals in a compartment far away from the delicate 1u effects box, etc.

Because it looks like it does (full of duct tape repairs, etc), I'm thinking of looking for something more professional looking. I read one tip about buying a soft guitar case, but I'm thinking they probably don't have layered bits, and are probably not as protective of the delicate electronics.

Do you folks have any thoughts? Goals are: 1) Protective of electronic effects box, 2) layers to stay organized, 3) look professional (fools the people who don't really know me!).

Thanks!

Alexis

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A million options are out there, and not just in the music field. Take a moment to lay out all the gear you NEED to take to the gig, then add in what you'd LIKE to have at the gig, and determine what size case you need.

Some options, not endorsing any particular brand, this is just what Google spat back at me...

http://www.gatorcases.com/productimages/GX-BAG-2011-11_Open5.jpg

Gator Gig Bag - Clonk here

A couple of friends are using these for everything in the 'miscellaneous' category:

http://www.stanleytools.com/catalog_images/mid_res/037025R_mid_res.jpg

Stanley Mobile Tool Chest - Clonk Here

All it takes is a little ingenuity, a dash of common sense, and knowing what your needs/limitations are (i.e. if you're going to gigs in a Miata, forget the rolling tool chest... ;) ).

All it takes is a little ingenuity, a dash of common sense, and knowing what your needs/limitations are (i.e. if you're going to gigs in a Miata, forget the rolling tool chest... ).

In a Miata you need a soft bag a small 61 key, a 76 Wieghted, invisible stand (it is invisible right?) and a powered speaker.

FYI

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Similar to Tony, I use this for my Electro Rack, pedals, cables, powerstrips, etc... It's also my carry on when I have to fly to gigs so I can have my Electro with me without having to worry about checking it.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Archived