Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alesis QS6.1

TaurusT

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was wondering,given that you are one of the programmers if you did these. The "Shine On" synth lead is excellent as is the Jon Lord Deep Purple organ sound ( I think patch 22).

The Purple B patch was from the QuadraSynth, if memory serves (same engine - some patches transported well). We just subbed in the Emerson Hammond samples. :cool: I didn't do that one, though...I did ones like AmericaOrg, ABCDrawbar, and Grit Organ.

IIRC, Erik Norlander wrote the Shine On patch. It is, in fact, excellent, and has fooled some of the best synth weenies I know who have sworn it was analog. It is actually one of my favorite go to patches for live solos on my QS8.

I enjoy quite a few of the sounds including numerous patches on the Vintage Synth and Eurodance Q cards.

I did a ton of the Vintage Synth Qcard programs, and the autodemo sequence on the card as well. I didn't do so many programs for the EuroDance card. The other ones I spent a lot of time on were Vintage Keys and Sanctuary.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

The American Org is excellent. It really punches through live. I use it for most of the Kansas covers.

I use the Grit Organ for the intro on Styx "Blue Collar Man"

Good stuff!

These guys who knock these things don't know what their missing.

Current main gear: Korg Oasys88, K2661, Pc2x

Moog Voyager, Moog Lp, Prophet 08, Alesis Qs7.1

Korg Karma, Ob12

Others: numerous

Freeloader is down from the Alesis website..

How I can transfer these patches on a winsystem? anyone got a mirror of freeloader, or some other program that works?

I think the QS is as good as a bread + butter ROMpler engine as one could reasonably ask for. Being a non-rez filter, the sound of the QS is only as good as the quality of those samples. Use Soundbridge judiciously and you'll get sounds for your QS that beat much of what's in the factory set, especially for pianos and EPs. The QS sounds as good as what you put into it. It's a very low-cost quality board for something that you can actually put your own samples into and customize it to your taste.

As an example, someone on a QS Yahoo Group recently imported the LearJeff Rhodes samples (with 3 velocity layers) into SampleCell format, which you can load into your QS with Soundbridge. It sounds much warmer and more dynamic than ANY internal or QCard rhodes sounds, including the RayzRoads patch.

I then used this guy's Samplecell template to create my own acoustic piano samples from my Clavinova, using the same 3-velocity layers method -- in my attempt to have a rounder, fuller piano sound than internal QS Bosendorfer or the Kawai grand on the Jazz Piano card. To my surprise, I succeeded.

You can find these 2 Samplecell projects here:

LearJeff Rhodes for QS

Yamaha Clavinova for QS

Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M

i downloaded the QEplus share app. managed to transfer the files from there. I have Instant-U2 now (funny it doesnt say "instant-edge").

Anyway.

I have to give props to the team behind this synth. This synth is really nice, excellent controllers, keyaction, soundpresets, versatility. Its allround and it's topnotch on every area. I prefer it now over my Roland XP-80 which is also from around that time.

Excellent synth.

I already smashed a few keys.

Are these still be able to be replaced when sending it out to a technician? (getting the original key-types back)

Archived