Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sort of O.T.: Now THAT'S customer service!!!

Ed Coury

6pm yesterday: I fill out a form on the Apple website; my son's iPod headphones aren't working (still under warranty).

1pm today: I find new headphones in a DHL envelope at my front door!

Same thing happened 3 years ago. Incredible!

Only possible negative: they require a credit card #. If you don't return the defective headphones with 10 days, they charge you $29. If you return them in the pre-addressed DHL bag within 10 days, no charge!

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first started my XK-3 System project, I had a couple of bad experiences with a (nameless) big full range Hammond dealer for the first part....the lower manual and cab. The guy just couldn't get it right and sent either used display stock, or damaged new in the box stuff. I called Ham/Suz USA in Illinois and after a long wait for their contract cabinet shop to make me another case, Ham-Suz had the 2nd bad XKLM-Traditional picked up at their expense and then sent me a new (quality inspected) one, also no shipping charges. That's my best warranty experience ever, anywhere, for anything. The big box store (also nameless) that sold me my XK-3c scored big too. They loaned me an XK-3 for 6 months, no charge (I bought everything else for my sys there).

We get lucky sometimes in those we deal with. It's supposed to make up for all the times we get hosed and abused.

It's nice to see Apple on the "Good Guys" list.

XKDave

Ed, I had the same issue with my iPod-the headphones broke. After reading this post, I called Apple and sure enough, the replacement was here the next day. Bravo to Apple for being prompt.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

I fill out a form on the Apple website;

Ditto. I received a replacement Shuffle after confessing mine accidentally went through the washer and dryer. No further questions, no charge!

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

6pm yesterday: I fill out a form on the Apple website; my son's iPod headphones aren't working (still under warranty).

1pm today: I find new headphones in a DHL envelope at my front door!

Same thing happened 3 years ago. Incredible!

Only possible negative: they require a credit card #. If you don't return the defective headphones with 10 days, they charge you $29. If you return them in the pre-addressed DHL bag within 10 days, no charge!

Apple gets it. I brought my 4 year old G4 in for service at my local Apple store. My OSX was not taking updates( corrupt file)

In 30 minutes, problem solved.

No charge.

Go ahead, PC people, rant away about specs, if you must

:D

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

When I saw the title of the thread, the only assumption I made and correctly I might add, is that you weren't talking about Roland.

I'm glad things worked out well for you Ed.

That was sort of a given :-)

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

Customer service...hummmm...ever heard about Rogers or Air Canada? It makes everything else look like pristine Customer Service. It was a bad surprise for me I tell you, and sticks out like a sore thumb amid the good profile of other Canadian businesses.

I know it sounds absurd, but Air Canada goes so far as CHARGING you for their sub-contracted "Customer Services". In-cre-di-ble!

"I'm ready to sing to the world. If you back me up". (Lennon to his bandmates, in an inspired definition of what it's all about).

Archived