Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

music, the best medicine

zephonic

Just came back from a great gig. It was one of those large corporate events, with celeb musicians headlining on the big stage, and us little people doing our jazz thing in the chill lounge. There was a decent grand and sound was not bad, we were well taken care of and we played some seriously good stuff tonight.

I've had a bit of a rough spell lately,things not really working out, but when the music really kicks in and comes together it just releases all the negativity in your body and truly cleanses your soul. We are just so damn lucky to be musicians.

I had to tell somebody.

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The things that can happen at the tips of our fingers...it's truly amazing when that is where we find the best thing to heal us when we need it...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

I've had a bit of a rough spell lately,things not really working out, but when the music really kicks in and comes together it just releases all the negativity in your body and truly cleanses your soul. We are just so damn lucky to be musicians.

I had to tell somebody.

Amen. Glad your help came. Z, thanks for sharing mayne. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

A few months ago I got chastised here for saying a good session is almost as good as sex. But, while the pleasure level may be different going without playing for a while makes me tense, stressed, loose sleep, irritable, etc... Then I can sit at the piano and it all fades away and I sleep like a baby. What else can you compare that to?

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Music can accommodate and help with any mood any time of day, whether you are listening to it or playing it.

I have frequently said that I can experience the "musical orgasm" and I truly believe. Sometimes I just get such a rush of sweet pleasure (either from listening or playing) that really can only be likened to the big O.

Music is #1! Even though it's not my "main gig" in life, I don't know where I'd be without it.

A few months ago I got chastised here for saying a good session is almost as good as sex. But, while the pleasure level may be different going without playing for a while makes me tense, stressed, loose sleep, irritable, etc... Then I can sit at the piano and it all fades away and I sleep like a baby. What else can you compare that to?
A gig can be better than sex - I can't remember the last time my wife handed me a check...
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

A gig can be better than sex - I can't remember the last time my wife handed me a check...

If I'd grimace and grunt that way to the audience I am sure no one would hand me a check...

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

Archived