Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kanker, who are "the Pats"?

zephonic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pats are the New England Patriots. They are the greatest team ever assembled. They were the first team in football history to complete a perfect 16-0 season this year.

Mr. Kanker hates them because he roots for the Colts and is extremely jealous of the success of the Patriots.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Thank you for that, I root for the dutch soccer team who won the EuroCup once back in '88.

No problem.

I assume you know I was talking about American football and not the football the rest of the world follows.

I am only kidding about Kanker being jealous. His team won the championship last year. We tease each other endlessly about which team is better.

Steve

www.rock-xtreme.com

January is also the month in which the National Football League playoffs occur. We're now down to the final eight; and after this weekend, there will be four teams left to contend for the NFL championship, decided by the Super Bowl.

In the meantime, you may see a few more American football avatars and signature lines than usual. ;)

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I know who he meant by "the Pats," but I have always been curious about his weird avatar....

He's explained that here before. I would not know what to search on to find that post, tho'.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Good evening zephonic.

Yes, 'Pats' is indeed an abbreviated name for the New England Patriots, the most overrated bunch of slobs ever assembled to act as what is ostensibly supposed to be an NFL team. I was once accused of being an enemy of the Pats, so I embraced it. In another era, I guess that would have made me a Tory, but were that truly the case, the US would still be a part of the British Commonwealth as the Indianapolis Colts, which is the team I live and die with, dispensed with the Pats in quite and impressive fashion last year on their way to a dominant win in Super Bowl XLI, which should really be renamed Super Bowl XLIndy.

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Yeah, just because the Pats went the whole season without losing a game, everybody gives them all this credit. It's all politics, right? :cool:

In all seriousness, I'm glad your Colts were able to finally pull one out against the Pats last year. Then again, the Pats were probably a little punch-drunk from spanking the Colts up and down the field lo these many years. :thu:

I know who he meant by "the Pats," but I have always been curious about his weird avatar....

He's explained that here before. I would not know what to search on to find that post, tho'.

Me either, but someone on another forum made it for me, combining a couple of avatars of mine into something really weird. It's so out I can't get myself to switch it to something else.

Good evening zephonic.

Yes, 'Pats' is indeed an abbreviated name for the New England Patriots, the most overrated bunch of slobs ever assembled to act as what is ostensibly supposed to be an NFL team.

Wah, wah, wah.....Somebody get the baby his bottle.

Me either, but someone on another forum made it for me, combining a couple of avatars of mine into something really weird. It's so out I can't get myself to switch it to something else.

FYI - your socks don't match.

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

Good evening zephonic.

Yes, 'Pats' is indeed an abbreviated name for the New England Patriots, the most overrated bunch of slobs ever assembled to act as what is ostensibly supposed to be an NFL team. I was once accused of being an enemy of the Pats, so I embraced it. In another era, I guess that would have made me a Tory, but were that truly the case, the US would still be a part of the British Commonwealth as the Indianapolis Colts, which is the team I live and die with, dispensed with the Pats in quite and impressive fashion last year on their way to a dominant win in Super Bowl XLI, which should really be renamed Super Bowl XLIndy.

Wow, and all that within one nation? The Dutch normally just hate the Germans...:-)

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

...but then, all Europeans profess to hate the Germans :-)

...which I don't understand, cause I'm quite a nice guy :D

kanker, what a boooooring explanation. I always had wild thoughts about how you probably use "the pats" as the ultimate abbrevation for all Pat Methenys and the likes (so all guitarists) which you don't like, as you stated in some posts. :freak: Now let us talk about the twisted minds of other people

The Dromb Bopper

...but then, all Europeans profess to hate the Germans :-)

...which I don't understand, cause I'm quite a nice guy :D

kanker, what a boooooring explanation. I always had wild thoughts about how you probably use "the pats" as the ultimate abbrevation for all Pat Methenys and the likes (so all guitarists) which you don't like, as you stated in some posts. :freak: Now let us talk about the twisted minds of other people

For some unfathomable reason I thought Kanker meant Australians!

Und Leberwurst, die andere Europeaner sind nur Eifersüchtig! (that's what Google translation made of jealous)

Win number 17 went according to script.

Jags offense couldn't outscore the Pats. Down by two scores and forced to throw it was turn over time.

I hope we get the Colts next week. There is nothing better than watching Peyton whine and wave his hands when things don't go his way.

Steve

www.rock-xtreme.com

I'd honestly prefer the Colts as well (not to create a 2nd football thread here) because the Colts without Freeney are not going to be able to get pressure on Brady without massive blitzes.

We all saw tonight what happened when teams who lack front-4 pressure blitz on Brady, and what happened when they don't. Either way, he'll kill you unless you can drop 7 in coverage and still get to him in less than 3 seconds.

Boy, do I know who the "Pats" are now. Ask for a finger, I get the whole hand, wrist action and all...

That wasn't supposed to sound like that :crazy:

It's perfectly normal. Don't you hate it when your eye explodes out of your foot?

How can you be so sure whose eye it really is?????

I can guarantee you that it is in fact one of my eyes. Purty, huh?

Archived