Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O/T Preemptive Apology

Zuben

Friends,

I may sound short and ugly in my replies. I will take my time before posting them hoping to keep my despair to myself.

This afternoon I was confined to a wheelchair. I can't say I didn't see it coming as I have been pushing myself harder that my doctors wanted me to.

MRI's with contrast (dye injections to show leaks and hairline fractures) have been scheduled for Thurs. Surgery has been pushed up. I will not know the date until after the Mir's and seeing my Neurosurgeon.

I have lost about 80% of the feeling in my right leg and fell 5 or 6 times this past weekend. Hence a trip to the Docs this morning. Judgment? Wheel chair. No pressure on the back and no walking. Period.

I have my SAG and a small Marshall practice amp, my computer and a bunch of CDs, blank and instructional on some styles I always wanted to try. I am not in a good mood as I was headed to Jacksonville this weekend to do some over dubs from my San Diego sessions and then to the NE to hang with LF.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

To my phone buds, give me some time. I am not in the mood and will let you know when I am. I have a great support system here

Peace

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm so sorry to hear that. I guess it seemed to all of us that things were improving. Though I can't relate to your situation, I can understand your frustration and let down.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

I'm really sorry to hear about the setback, Zuben. Hopefully something positive will come from the MRI and the treatment that will follow.

All the best. Will send as much positive karma your way from the west coast.

John

First...you have NOTHING to apologize for.

Any of us who have been paying attention know you've been struggling with this back situation.

It does suck, no doubt about it!! It's hard to get around that. Limitations of the flesh are the great equalizer!

You have a great medical team, from what you've said. You have a great family and friends support system. And, for what it's worth, you have us!!!

Hang in there. Find patience. Give your body a chance to heal. It's gonna take time.

Lean on us at will. And Rock On :rawk:

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Aaah Zubes that is so shitty man, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope through all the pain and worry you can try still have a positive outlook for the future which is essential for a better recovery.

I am going to hold fast in my head that you are going to have a full recovery from your upcoming operation and that all the feeling and strength comes back in your legs, with no more back pain. Everytime I think of you I am going to project those positive thoughts into the universe and into the ether. I am also going to pray and ask the Almighty to shine down on you my friend and take all this crap away from you , heal you up, have those surgeons do fantastic work.

So please pop in as you have been and chat when you can, update us when you can and you have my number, give me a jingle if you feel like it sometime.

Zuban, Thoughts and prayers with you. I know that we all site here and are faceless behind these typed words but sincerely I wish you the best in recovery. Take it easy on yourself and we are here for you!

Ron

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

Zub, I'm sorry to hear that have to go thru this man, it sucks, plain and simple. At least you have the guitar to help you through. It may sound silly, but state of mind is important in recovery, and being able to play will hopefully help you deal with the situation a little bit better. I can't wait to see you throw down with Little Feat when you have put this ordeal behind you.

Tom

Zuben

As you said you were pushing the boundaries. Now is a time to let yourself heal, I know it must be frustrating but let it happen and make the best of it, no need to apologize or get angry about it. You know the door`s always open here, if you just want to vent some plasma, drop in anytime. I hope the corrective measures work out well.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Archived