Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Merry Christmas To Me!

Moonglow

I recently copped a near-mint MKS-70 on e-bay.....for $335 bucks! I've always enjoyed that sound set with those lush Roland strings/pads. Anyone else treat themselves to a music-related Christmas present?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I treated myself to 2 forumites gear for sale to create a good organ rig. I got Calumnet's Hammond XM-2 module and XM-2c drawbar controller, and I got nmcq's (Neil's) Motion sound Pro-3x for some real moving air. Usually I wait until the week after Christmas for GAS relief, but these deals came along and I couldn't pass them up.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I recently copped a near-mint MKS-70 on e-bay.....for $335 bucks! I've always enjoyed that sound set with those lush Roland strings/pads. Anyone else treat themselves to music-related Christmas present?

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan05/images/roland2mks70.l.jpg

A picture's worth... oh, I dunno. :rolleyes:

Have you got any pictures of your wife... nekid? :eek:

Would you like to buy some? :D

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Congrats on your MKS purchase!

My kids were adament this year about getting me a new keyboard. So I went ahead and sold my VK-8. I have the proceeds from that plus a $1000 gift card from my kids to Sam Ash. So now next week will be time to decide between: XK-3, XK-1, Electro 73 or a Stage. It will be fun deciding.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

My gift to myself this year is small...Big FIsh Audio's Smokin' Delights Redeux sample library and two new gig bags for my Motif and R3...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

I replaced my ailing P200 with a brand new CP300 - which I was surprised to learn came with a 12 place setting of special "holiday" dishes. I didn't see fully see the connection between the digital piano and the holiday dishes until Mrs. Spacenorman explained it to me when the dishes arrived the day after the new CP300 showed up.

Apparently Quid Pro Quo is a powerful thing.

The SpaceNorman :freak:

I replaced my ailing P200 with a brand new CP300 - which I was surprised to learn came with a 12 place setting of special "holiday" dishes. I didn't see fully see the connection between the digital piano and the holiday dishes until Mrs. Spacenorman explained it to me when the dishes arrived the day after the new CP300 showed up.

Apparently Quid Pro Quo is a powerful thing.

There is a direct correlation between ivories and china...how could you NOT see that coming THIS time of year :laugh:...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Archived