Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Flexible" Keyboard Stand

UBERMENSCHIST

Where can I get a "flexible" keyboard stand?

I know that charlie clouser created one specifically for nine inch nails, but I would like to know if there are any companys that make something similar.

http://www.entertainmentavenue.com/concert_hall/reviews/g/gravity_kills/gkills3.jpg

This one is very similar to the one nine inch nails uses, I like how it's able to "swivel".

http://a654.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/10/m_f8d2fbf7cdf04d73a9cec9eb6113668d.jpg

This one has a "gooseneck" attached to it. I think it's poorly done for aesthetic reasons.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it's custom made. If you're good with steel and welding, make one yourself. If not - find someone who can. That's the only way.

I guess it involves springs..

BTW, Marilyn Manson's keys player used something like this - much simpler constructed, though - he had a keyboard attached to a huge spring.

IMO, it's barely playable.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

Option A: Order four skyhooks--you'll want the ceiling-penetrating kind that can work with our without clouds. Hang bungies from the skyhooks, and attach to the keyboard.

Option B: Use streaming antimatter jets to keep the thing off the floor.

Option C: A few people are able to flexibly support their keyboard using only their highly developed, supercharged extrasensory mental powers. However, they always transcend shortly after the accomplishment, and therefore, none have stayed in this plane of existence long enough to impart their newfound wisdom. And so, alas, those of us who aspire to keyboard greatness via a flexible keyboard stand --and verily, who among us hasn't dreamt of this very item day and night for decades on end -- are left to find our own paths, ragged and dangerous and filled with countless, desperate, and depressing deadends though they be. It's really very, very sad, but nothing that can't be alleviated through massive doses of caffiene and the occasional (if startling) emergence of common sense.

Please ignore these men. They don't know a thing about industrial/metal..

Actually, they've got a point - such setup would be uncomfortable to play, very complicated to assemble and move around, and since someone already uses it, not very original/creative. IMO not worth the effort.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

Please ignore these men. They don't know a thing about industrial/metal..

Actually, they've got a point - such setup would be uncomfortable to play, very complicated to assemble and move around, and since someone already uses it, not very original/creative. IMO not worth the effort.

What's funny is I got that vibe from the moment I started reading this forum... I am to them, what they are to Me.

bloodyMary, I'm not trying to be unique, I'll let my music do that for me! :rawk:

They have more experience than me, so I'll take their advice into consideration.

I just need something that can support my moving around and note pounding. :deadhorse:

OK, well here is something helpful:

www.mcmaster.com

This is a site that contains all kinds of industrial parts--such as the gas cylinders that go into chairs to make them easy to raise and lower, which may serve you well in your flexiquest, o ubermensch, grand overlord of men. If you want this thing, you're going to have to design and build it yourself, or commission said project from one of your minions. The site above is basically a candy store for mechanical prototypers. You'll find giant springs, fittings, tubing, wheels, gears...really, you're gonna love that catalog.

OK, well here is something helpful:

www.mcmaster.com

This is a site that contains all kinds of industrial parts--such as the gas cylinders that go into chairs to make them easy to raise and lower, which may serve you well in your flexiquest, o ubermensch, grand overlord of men. If you want this thing, you're going to have to design and build it yourself, or commission said project from one of your minions. The site above is basically a candy store for mechanical prototypers. You'll find giant springs, fittings, tubing, wheels, gears...really, you're gonna love that catalog.

Thanks!

I'm proud of my old korg poly - 800, it's really taken a beating.

I think I'll use it to experiment.

Don't be surprised if I do come out with streaming antimatter jets that levitate my ego off the floor. ;)

You can take the opposite approach and strap on a pair of these:

http://comfortfitfootwear.com/image/2217529_scaled_175x136.jpeg

You can bounce all over the stage while looking super cool :thu:

Now if you are really adventurous, simply strap on a keytar while wearing these babbies and you can take your bouncing to a whole new level.

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Archived