Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Dan Fogelberg

Chad Thorne

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a real bummer... :(

I remember enjoying the stuff he did with Tim Weisberg...back in the late 70s. Nice, acoustic/folky easy listening stuff.

He was a real good songwriter.

This is a another reminder to all you middle aged guys to keep getting that prostate checked...regularly!

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Every man should have a digital rectal exam of his prostate yearly. If you have a family history of prostate cancer, start these exams at age 40.

Fortunately, I do not have a family history of prostate cancer. But I've gone to my Urologist for a yearly rectal exam every year since I was 40. I do it at the time of my birthday, as an important gift to myself.

This and regular colonoscopy would save thousands of lives, and MAYBE EVEN YOURS!!

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

RIP Dan

Yeah one of the albums with Tim Weissberg was

"Twins Sons of Different Mothers". Really good stuff, they did have a hit with "Power of Gold". I had actually asked for it for my birthday one year and rememember my father saying they sounded like a law or accounting firm- (Fogelberg and Weissberg)LOL :/

"Leader of the Band" spoke to me in many different ways.

He was a really good songwriter. He definitely get pegged as

ultra mellow, but he was an excellent guitarist and musician.

My Dad passed almost 20 years ago from prostate cancer. We have a big history of cancer in my family. I've had the digital exam and had a scrip for the colonoscopy but have put it off. I think I may actually go through with it after the new year.

I just heard this morning.. :(

Dan Fogleberg, while not exactly my favorite artist, had some incredible songs I count among my favorites to hear and play. I remember figuring out Leader Of The Band and feeling like I'd leapt to a new height in my playing. Great lyric as well. Longer, Run For The Roses, Part Of The Plan and others from his greatest hits albums really strike a chord for me.

One of my favorite songs to play on piano is Same Auld Lang Syne. I just wish I could sing that high. ;) (I hated trying to play it in another key.)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

It's really a shame. He was only 56! Same age that I am! Doc's right. Get tested every year. My numbers started to climb and 3 months ago I got my act together, started eating better, lost 15 pounds, and went back to working out every day for 30 minutes. I used to be a long distance runner till 5 years ago when my knees broke down. Now I use a Nordic Track skier. The point is, my PSA went from 4.3 to 3.7 in that time! Colesterol went from 230 to 184! Any questions? Oh yeah, I feel much better. Still suck on guitar though!!!

RIP Dan

"Twins Sons of Different Mothers". Really good stuff, they did have a hit with "Power of Gold". I had actually asked for it for my birthday one year and rememember my father saying they sounded like a law or accounting firm- (Fogelberg and Weissberg)LOL :/

My Dad passed almost 20 years ago from prostate cancer. We have a big history of cancer in my family. I've had the digital exam and had a scrip for the colonoscopy but have put it off. I think I may actually go through with it after the new year.

Colonoscopy is a breeze. The "colon prep" is the toughest part. Basically you'll take some pills, or a liquid, then crap your brains out the night before the colonoscopy. :eek::)

The procedure itself is nothing....you'll wake up, and it's done.

I'm due again in Feb. I'm gonna get it done at the same time as my wife....

The couple that scopes together....... :laugh:

Get it done!!!! You'll be glad you did.

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

RIP Dan Fogelberg

All the more reason every male over 40 should read The Prostate Cancer Treatment Book.

http://www.amazon.com/Prostate-Cancer-Treatment-Book/dp/0071422560

I never was a fan of Dan Fogelberg so I can't comment on any of his work, it is not that I did not like his work, I just never paid any attention to it.

RIP Dan

Colonoscopy is a breeze. The "colon prep" is the toughest part. Basically you'll take some pills, or a liquid, then crap your brains out the night before the colonoscopy. :eek::)

The procedure itself is nothing....you'll wake up, and it's done.

I'm due again in Feb. I'm gonna get it done at the same time as my wife....

The couple that scopes together....... :laugh:

Get it done!!!! You'll be glad you did.

I have had both done, an IVP Study and a colonoscopy, the prep was very similar. Get the colonoscopy, the guy who did mine said everything was fine come back in 7 years.

No problem, you sold me on it. I'll definitely get one ASAP.

I'm sure the prep would be the worst of it. I had to do it for an IVP a few years ago for kidney stones. :crazy:

Now, should I bring the doctor flowers or candy? ;) LOL

a dozen donuts OR Bagels always works!! And, don't worry about the Docs....the "food bribe" is for the nurses!!! :)

Don

Archived