Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Strap + Keyboard

UBERMENSCHIST

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen a rig built for marching bands.. for kids mostly I think. But I saw this one being used in Japan. It was strange, I was walking around, and was suddenly taken over by a marching band. Maybe I missed something...

http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/suganami/img10282194280.jpeg

Of course, the sounds are probably very basic, but the speaker was pretty powerful. The rigging looks very solid too.

But man.. I can't stop imagining a storm trooper with one of these. A perfect match I'd say.. Model name is MK-3600 from suzuki. A little search reveals that Yamaha has one too, but maybe sold only in Japan.

Does anyone understand what I'm going through? :cry:

I understand the words you're saying...

That's Wonderful!

A wise man once said, if you don't want the answer to the question, don't ask it. :rolleyes:

Frankly, your 'dilemma' is one of common sense*. The human body is (relatively speaking) of a uniform design... two arms on either side. The keyboard is absolutely universal. You have two arms that need to be perpendicular to the front edge of the keyboard... absolutely dissimilar to the guitar, upon with the keytar is patterned (poorly, but what the hell do I know?).

So you need to find some way to mount the keyboard so that it's consistently parallel with your shoulders, to which your arms are connected... solve that and you're golden.

The pic posted by Ed above of Mr. Winter and his around-the-neck extra-long-strap solution might work, but good luck playing much of anything worth playing with the keyboard rocking back and forth off your thighs... :thu:

And again, I fail to comprehend why you'd want to make yourself look that foolish... but they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so hey... knock yourself out. :thu:

* --> as Voltaire once said, "common sense isn't so common".

I've seen a rig built for marching bands.. for kids mostly I think. But I saw this one being used in Japan. It was strange, I was walking around, and was suddenly taken over by a marching band. Maybe I missed something...

http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/suganami/img10282194280.jpeg

Of course, the sounds are probably very basic, but the speaker was pretty powerful. The rigging looks very solid too.

But man.. I can't stop imagining a storm trooper with one of these. A perfect match I'd say.. Model name is MK-3600 from suzuki. A little search reveals that Yamaha has one too, but maybe sold only in Japan.

Well, THAT sure looks cooler than if you were sitting at a piano or standing at, say, an Ultimate Apex stand.

Umm, not.

Noah

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone understand what I'm going through? :cry:

I understand the words you're saying...

That's Wonderful!

A wise man once said, if you don't want the answer to the question, don't ask it. :rolleyes:

Frankly, your 'dilemma' is one of common sense*. The human body is (relatively speaking) of a uniform design... two arms on either side. The keyboard is absolutely universal. You have two arms that need to be perpendicular to the front edge of the keyboard... absolutely dissimilar to the guitar, upon with the keytar is patterned (poorly, but what the hell do I know?).

So you need to find some way to mount the keyboard so that it's consistently parallel with your shoulders, to which your arms are connected... solve that and you're golden.

The pic posted by Ed above of Mr. Winter and his around-the-neck extra-long-strap solution might work, but good luck playing much of anything worth playing with the keyboard rocking back and forth off your thighs... :thu:

And again, I fail to comprehend why you'd want to make yourself look that foolish... but they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so hey... knock yourself out. :thu:

* --> as Voltaire once said, "common sense isn't so common".

I wasn't trying to be rude... I was trying to be funny.

I guess we can't tell over the internet.

Anyways, you guys convinced me that it looks silly. :snax:

Now I have another question:

Where can I get a "flexible" keyboard stand?

I know that charlie clouser created one specifically for nine inch nails, but I would like to know if there are any companys that make something similar.

http://www.entertainmentavenue.com/concert_hall/reviews/g/gravity_kills/gkills3.jpg

This one is very similar to the one nine inch nails uses, I like how it's able to "swivel".

http://a654.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/10/m_f8d2fbf7cdf04d73a9cec9eb6113668d.jpg

This one has a "gooseneck" attached to it. I think it's poorly done for aesthetic reasons.

Archived