Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Danny Federici ill

yannis D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummer. I just saw the E Street Band in D.C. at Verizon Center a couple of weeks ago, and Danny was fantastic. He plays a screaming solo on the song "You'll Be Coming Down" off the new album, and it was awesome live. He'll be missed from the tour, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Noah

Danny F. has a skin melanoma that needs to come off. It was in the local LI paper this week.

This has been of some interest to me because Charlie Giordano ("The Accordion Man", Sessions Band, Pat Benetar etc etc.) is in to replace Danny and I share the keyboard chair with Charlie in the LoneSharks among others players. I haven't gotten the nod from the LS in 2 months (it's off season I hope). There a good band.

Danny is an extremely expressive and sensetive player man. Funny I didn't know how much so until I had seen some live concert footage of him playing accordion. His organ playing speaks for itself. Charlie ain't no slouch either, nice player.

lb

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Yes that solo is smoking!!! The album is incredible! I knew about this last week should have posted the news here, but glad somebody has, very sorry to hear this. I was in a Springsteen tribute band called Asbury Park five years ago and Danny was at my first gig in April 2002. I'm glad I didn't know he was there until later or I would have freaked out! Although I'd been gigging with bands since 89 it was only my second live gig with a full band since July 96 after five and half years on ships with sequencers and drum machines.

John

I first saw Danny with Child, then the name change to Steel Mill. Long time ago....at the time I was in a group with Southside for a couple years. This was a couple years before Greetings. Those were the good ole days....JohnH, did you do any of the Holland Am. ships? Right around that time, I worked on a bunch of shows for them for the showrooms on board. They ran the shows on DA88's, Lotta work putting those together.

Anyway back to Danny.

Archived