Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Y/T: Clapton

Hardtail

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fav EC tune! :thu: Dunno why I never tackled it before, but I just did now, and it's a cinch! :eek: I'm amazed it was so simple!

I may be a bit off, but I hear: Am7 - Dm7 - Fmaj7 - G for the verse - gorgeous progression!

The bridge sounds like: F - E - Am - Adim - D9 - F - E - F - E - back to the top.

More schooled players feel free to correct me, but that's what I just lifted by ear, in 1.5 takes. Wonderful song, and ya can't bash Clapton if ya can't do that one! :rawk:

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Looks like he is playing thru the Fender Tweed Twins that he was also using for the Cream reunion shows, and on his recent tour.

He typically has a Leslie (a real, old one mic-ed), and a wah. I'm pretty sure that's all he uses.

He is unusually anamated on that video. Particularly early to mid career, he'd often stand like a stone!!

I just had a chance to listed to his new CD "Complete Clapton"....it is very remarkable that he was so excellent, and had such good music at virtually every stage of his long career. And, after reading his autobio, I now know how messed up he was for years and years. Even in some of his worse years, he managed to put out some great music. The intelligence, and enormous talent of this man is truely remarkable.

Great Vid HT!! :thu:

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

My fav EC tune! :thu: Dunno why I never tackled it before, but I just did now, and it's a cinch! :eek: I'm amazed it was so simple!

I may be a bit off, but I hear: Am7 - Dm7 - Fmaj7 - G for the verse - gorgeous progression!

The bridge sounds like: F - E - Am - Adim - D9 - F - E - F - E - back to the top.

More schooled players feel free to correct me, but that's what I just lifted by ear, in 1.5 takes. Wonderful song, and ya can't bash Clapton if ya can't do that one! :rawk:

For the verse I hear and have always played chordwise;

Am7 - Dm7 - Gsus4 - G for the verse (of course with the lead in and exit fills on progression). I'll listen to it again. The bass might be doing the F. Then again I could be wrong. I've jammed on this one many times. It's a good one to trade off licks on.

For the verse I hear and have always played chordwise;

Am7 - Dm7 - Gsus4 - G for the verse (of course with the lead in and exit fills on progression). I'll listen to it again. The bass might be doing the F. Then again I could be wrong. I've jammed on this one many times. It's a good one to trade off licks on.

Seems now that a Cmaj7 is the 3rd chord in the progression, instead of the Fmaj7.

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Great video... What amp is he playing through, anybody know? What did he step on at 5:12 or so?

Stepped on nothing. Turned guitar volume up.

I think that you can clearly hear a new device added to the sound, it even grunges up the silent parts.

Great Clapton. But I'm loving the very Strat-like sound of the rhythm player, and as always, lovin' Chris Stanton on keys.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Watched the South Bank Show last night. Nothing we didn't already know, but he was talking about the last 20 sober years and was very at ease with himself.

I think he is much more honest with himself and much less pretentious than when he was young, and of course he has straightened out his addictions now.

Nice to see his young wife & three baby daughters. At 62, that's not bad! Hope for me yet!

:D

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Dont forget the very underestimated and often forgotten amazing rythmguitarist Andy Fairweather Low. Hes simply amazing on Claptons album From The Cradle.

Edit: Andy Fairweather Low is also a very big part of the sound on the selftitled Joe Satriani album from 1995. Damn good album.

www.myspace.com/stefanejnarsson

www.myspace.com/biebluesband

I like the tone he's got going on this tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8qfAP36nuA&feature=related

The solo tone's a little crappy though... is the the Lace sensor P/Us?

Very cool, for 2 reasons. 1. its eric clapton. 2. i am going to london, and my hotel is pracitcally in hyde park, so getting some shots of it was cool

Great video... What amp is he playing through, anybody know? What did he step on at 5:12 or so?

Stepped on nothing. Turned guitar volume up.

I think that you can clearly hear a new device added to the sound, it even grunges up the silent parts.

Great Clapton. But I'm loving the very Strat-like sound of the rhythm player, and as always, lovin' Chris Stanton on keys.

Bill

I'm not sure about that. At around 5:00 until 5:06 he has his hand on the volume knob. Looks to me like he just kicked it up with his pinky and is letting the amp do the rest. I didn't see any boxes on stage, so he could have had somebody back stage doing the switching, but it sure looked to me like he just turned the volume knob with his pinky and let it rip.

Turn me over, I'm done on this side...

Archived