Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who's using the new Bose L1 system?

Dave Horne

It's been a while since there has been a mention of this and while I'm not yet ready to buy a new system, I would be interesting in hearing how the L1 has fared so for.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy with the first generation L1, but I think you already knew that. Aside from the sound of the thing, which is a non-issue, setup is discreet. That's important to me.

The look of the mixer attached to the pole on the new model throws me. Makes me wonder how complicated playing a piano has to be. But I guess you could make your adjustments and take it down. I do like having the effects input on the old one as that's where I've inserted my volume pedal. Not sure that's an option anymore.

It puts out with a tiny little iPod shuffle, too! A simple Y-cable into channels 3 and 4, wow.

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

It's been a while since there has been a mention of this and while I'm not yet ready to buy a new system, I would be interesting in hearing how the L1 has fared so for.

What? You didnt find that interested?

:cry:

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

I've had my L1 system since March of 2004. It's served me very well. I use it about 6 gigs a month when I'm either doing solo, duo type gigs and it serves as my PA and keyboard amp or when there's no bass player and I'm playing left hand bass. I get lots of compliments on the sound and sometimes people have a hard time figuring out wtf I'm playing through. :-) On other occasions I'll just go with a Motion Sound KP200S.

I've gotten good at moving it around in one trip. I have a cart that I can load it all onto and bunji tie it down. I can even negotiate a small amount of steps if need be. I do find when carrying the base unit, it is a bit awkward and find myself lusting after the newer model which is lighter and has a smaller footprint. But I'll cope with the one I have. It's still easier than moving around the 2 powered Mackie speakers and stands I had before.

I just realized the other day that this is the longest I've ever owned the same amplification for my keyboards without turning it over for the next new thing.....

Archived