Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Our first Sub-forum!

Dave Bryce

Well, we've talked about it on and off for quite some time...and we're actually gonna do it. I can already see it, and very shortly the rest of you will also be able to see KC's new Classified sub-forum. :cool:

If this one works, we can talk about trying other sub-forums...I'm thinking the next one might be OT/Sports.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, we've talked about it on and off for quite some time...and we're actually gonna do it. I can already see it, and very shortly the rest of you will also be able to see KC's new Classified sub-forum. :cool:

If this one works, we can talk about trying other sub-forums...I'm thinking the next one might be OT/Sports.

dB

Excellent :thu: I Like it!!

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

I'm thinking the next one might be OT/Sports.

dB

But that only accounts for 3 threads a year. ... Well, 3 threads and 20,000 posts. :)

No, no...I said OT/Sports. That means that 9 out of every 10 Dave Horne threads and a bunch of Delirium's threads would end up in that forum as well. ;)

dB

Would politics be allowed in a seperate OT forum?

Nope. Politics (and religion) frequently set people against each other pretty passionately, and I have no desire to try and moderate that.

Sorry...

dB

Would politics be allowed in a seperate OT forum?

Nope. Politics (and religion) frequently set people against each other pretty passionately, and I have no desire to try and moderate that.

Sorry...

dB

Thank you. Best way to destroy a community is to get into that stuff.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

We can also use a "What Should I Buy" forum. Either that, or when someone asks "What keyboard/amp/etc. should I buy?" we point them to what ever happens to be for sale on the Classified forum.

Robert

I second that.

AND an OT forum.

Here for the gear.

I'm thinking the next one might be OT/Sports.

dB

But that only accounts for 3 threads a year. ... Well, 3 threads and 20,000 posts. :)

No, no...I said OT/Sports. That means that 9 out of every 10 Dave Horne threads and a bunch of Delirium's threads would end up in that forum as well. ;)

dB

I thought my Search thread was on topic. :)

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Is there really any proof that Yanni contributes to global warming? Or is it all just a big conspiracy?

--Dave

They proved that when they pulled him out of that ship in Area 51 ... or did they?

Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

They proved that when they pulled him out of that ship in Area 51 ... or did they?

Funny, I was just talking about Area 51 today in a class about modern-day paranoia. Is it still a going concern? Area 51, I mean. :)

Btw, is it too weird to admit to once waking up in a cold sweat after dreaming I'd been to a Julio Iglesias/Yanni double-bill concert? :blush:

How about a sub-forum for John Deere garden tractors?

*forum crashes*

How about all John Deere tractors. (I have a 4010)

There's lots of threads that would belong in there. EG:

What's the best powered speakers for my JD?

Who has the most authentic JD samples?

My JD made a strange sound running over Yanni - do I need to have it repaired?

Now, if I asked about the best sub for my JD speakers, would that go in the JD forum, or Dave's new sub forum, or can I cross post?

Our first Sub-forum!

Wouldn't it really be our second sub-forum behind "Keyboard Editors' Office"?

[rasta voice]Not at all, mon...[/rasta voice]

The Editor's Office is it's own forum - one of the Keyboard mag forums (of which there's two). The new Garage Sale subforum is resident within this one.

dB

[My JD made a strange sound running over Yanni - do I need to have it repaired?

Are you sure the sound orginated with the JD and not Yanni? I mean it'd pretty tough to tell, don't you think?

There are 10 kinds of people in the world...those who can read binary, and those who can't.

Archived