Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT : Bass-girl

EdMusic

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a great clip. Talented chick indeed. I never mentioned the the bass player in the group I play for is female (Tracyne on my MySpace). Killer on the 5-string...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

I also posted this link on the Bass Players Forum and got my

ass kicked because i didn't use the search button... :deadhorse:

She's already been discussed over there.. :D

Well, I wish i could play keys as she does bass... :/

Roland FA-08

Nord StageEX compact

Yamaha MG10/2

There's something about chick bass players that's really hot. :blush: Maybe it's just me.

Ever heard of Tal Wilkenfeld? She's a young cutie (21 or 22 years old) who's been doing the rounds up in NYC, playing with cats like Chick, Geoff Keezer, and other badasses. And apparently, she's only been playing bass for 4 years!

Left me cold... I really don't like Marcus Miller music though... ot that modern 90s machine hip hop groove.. shes an okay player I guess if you like that type of thing...

I loved Deneice Williams original version of this... it was the tune I first learned to play that had more interesting chords than the usual primary triads... I remember as a kid in 1976 seeing her sing this on TOTP in the UK... wasn't until the 90s that I got the This is Niecy LP and heard the long version with the big intro and rhodes solo in the middle... real soul...

In fact I just felt inspired to play the changes of this on the rhodes in front of me.. beautiful tune... no one makes music like that nowadays...

Archived