Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NEW KURZWEIL WEBSITE

C.J. Lewis

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great, cj. Thank you! :thu:

As a longtime Kurzweil user/programmer, I'm very glad that Kurzweil has been able to survive those troubled years. Like most keyboard players, I'm eager to hear the PC3 in action (I won't buy a PC3x for various reasons, but I would consider a rack version if/when it comes out).

Speaking of racks... psst, I spotted a small mistake on the new site: The PC2r is labeled as "Effects Unit". :D

BTW - Again, welcome back!

Yep, the new web site shows Kurzweil hasn't been asleep at the wheel, as I suspected. You know what would be good? Demos of the instruments! Now there's a novel idea. Kidding, just kidding.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

• 2 weeks later...
CJ,

Can you give us a hint as to the probability of Kurzweil releasing a PC3 with a five-octave keyboard?

Thanks,

Tom

Bump. :rolleyes:

Reason for da bump:

ProfD, BluesKeys and I are getting together this Saturday. ProfD is in town and we're going to have lunch at Yancy's before heading out to the stores to oggle keyboard equipment.

ProfD and BluesKeys know that I'm in the market for a smaller board to replace my aging K2000.

I've considered the RED one, but don't much care for the action.

I really like the M3, but not the price tag.

The 61-key Motif XS6 is too deep to fit in my SKB case, methinks.

Anyway, it looks like I'll be spending a couple grand this Saturday with their ummmm, help and supervision. :) It would surely be nice to know if I should maybe wait to see if a five-octave PC3 is going to be released.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Bump. :rolleyes:

Reason for da bump:

ProfD, BluesKeys and I are getting together this Saturday. ProfD is in town and we're going to have lunch at Yancy's before heading out to the stores to oggle keyboard equipment.

ProfD and BluesKeys know that I'm in the market for a smaller board to replace my aging K2000.

I've considered the RED one, but don't much care for the action.

I really like the M3, but not the price tag.

The 61-key Motif XS6 is too deep to fit in my SKB case, methinks.

Anyway, it looks like I'll be spending a couple grand this Saturday with their ummmm, help and supervision. :) It would surely be nice to know if I should maybe wait to see if a five-octave PC3 is going to be released.

Someone roll tape on that in-store demo session!!

Noah

I can hear it now.... the announcer is speaking in the hushed tones of of a Golf tournament.

"The three are approaching the front doors... a hush comes upon the crowd as ProfD steps up to the Nord and sets the room on fire. It's a hole in one and there they go the three amigos with a Nord box under one arm."

Anyone taking bets?

1. Nord

2. Motif

3. Korg

4. NOTHING

I am betting Mr GitC walks out empty handed AGAIN..... He just can't see to pull the trigger.

NOW if there was a NEW KURZ... say unwieghted with killer sounds or a 76 key PC3 there all bets are off. Lets face it the man lives and breaths the KURZ products.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Tom:

Don't forget to demo the new Prophet 08. Unless you're looking for a rompler/workstation, its the synth to have.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Tom:

Don't forget to demo the new Prophet 08. Unless you're looking for a rompler/workstation, its the synth to have.

Mike T.

:laugh:

Too funny, Mike.

We're going to have a couple of beers & some lunch. Then we might check out some boards. Who knows?

I seriously don't think that anyone should consider buying a new keyboard until the Kurzweil PC3 is on the market. :D

(ummmm, that was a JOKE. I'm keeeeeeding.) :cool:

The Prophet 08 is a totally different animal. So is the new Hammond. I think the Nord Stage 76 is pretty cool, but it's overpriced and, according to ProfD, boy did they screw up when they painted it RED.

:/

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

...a hush comes upon the crowd as ProfD steps up to the Nord and sets the room on fire.

Yeah right. :rolleyes::laugh:

In fact, I'm gonna pull up a DRUMKIT along with Gas on LH bass and Rhodes while YOU play (Piano) and sing. :D

NOW if there was a NEW KURZ... say unweighted with killer sounds or a 76 key PC3 there all bets are off. Lets face it the man lives and breaths the KURZ products.

The lack of a Kurz PC3 in the music stores insures ITGITC leaves totally satisfied. ;):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

RE: PC3/61 keys...

I can't really say right now (simply because I don't know), but I will say it has been discussed.

That's OK. I certainly understand.

Just askin'

Thanks.

Archived