Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: 9/11/01 silent prayer to the fallen and their loved ones

tarkus

Please - no politics here, just a a rememberence for the fallen.

We can put our differences aside for one day to remember some individuals.

Espescially for me:

Jimmy M.

Colleen

Keith

Mike Mc.

Alan

Rest in peace - we miss you all.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't loose anyone close to me but I know many did. To all who lost someone I will remember that day.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

My wife and I were very fortunate -- we spent the day worrying about her brother, who is a postman in Manhattan. A few days before 9/11/01 we had heard from her sister that his route had changed -- it wasn't uptown anymore. But we didn't know where it was. Could it have included the WTC? Of course it could, but we didn't know. It took us 30 hours or so to get him on the phone, but when we did all was well. Many others were not so lucky. (Turns out his new route is midtown.)

Our thoughts and prayers with those who lost loved ones...

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

RIP for all those souls...

last nigth i saw on TV a documentary about journalist's Tom Junod efforts to identify the name of the "falling man" (the one famous picture of a black, tall man with a white t-shirt, falling form the Tower). It was shocking really...

The journalist finally made it to find the man's identity - he was the Dj for the restaurant on the top floor. A very sad story teaching me some things about dying with dignity.

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

I didn't know anyone close to me who died that day -- a couple guys who went to the same small university that I did (my band later played a fund raiser for scholarships in their memory), but I'll never forget that day. My family was on vacation in South Carolina (Hilton Head) with my brother's family and my parents. My son was not yet 2 then, and my daughter was 5. The house we rented had an indoor pool, and we were concerned a bit about it with the young kids in the house. Anyway, I was getting dressed upstairs when my wife comes in in tears to find me. My only thought was that something must have happened to one of the kids or my brother's kids. I was selfishly relieved that it wasn't that, but in shock of course at the horror of what happened.

That day and the following few days is forever tied to Hilton Head, SC for me, so I don't think I'll ever want to go back there.

On a positive note, in the weeks following that tragedy, I've never seen people be so nice to each other -- in the grocery, on the roads, etc. I wish it would have stayed that way.

I feel for all those familes who lost someone and especially the children who lost a parent that day.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Archived