Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O/T WOW-HOT!!!!!!

Strategery

Damn....as we speak I'm looking at my indoor atomic clock with indoor and outdoor temps on it.

The sensor is on my covered back porch in the shade...and it reads....

101 degrees! :eek:

Man, the humidity is up there too. The pool temp is 90 degrees as well.

We've had a mild summer down here, now in August...it finally decides to heat up. :grin: :grin:

How about you guys?

Oh yeah, I'm in middle Georgia just FYI.

"Just play!"

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... 101 degrees! :eek: ...

It was 104 F in Nashville yesterday. :freak:

My daughter will be at Six Flags Over Georgia tomorrow with the church youth group. Needless to say, we have been on her case about staying hydrated but not drinking a bunch of caffienated beverages while she is down there.

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

I'm south of ya'll so I still have a few months of this left... But I love it!!! The water temp in the bay is right at 90 degrees. Snapper fishing is on fire, snook fishing is on fire, red fishing is on fire, and I'm on fire out there everyday... At least I don't have to go in and out of the A/C... That makes it worse... Hang in there you guys...

ok I just put my Radio Shack all purpose dealio out in the direct sun and it reads 109.4!!!!!!!! :o That can't be right ....24% humidity.....hold on let me check my widgets and I put the thermometer in the shade also...okay Weather Channel shows 87 degrees. WTF do they know!!

Down to 101 in the shade...that's more like it.

... 101 degrees! :eek: ...

It was 104 F in Nashville yesterday. :freak: ...

At home in Madison (That's 8 miles north of Nashville for everyone else.) I checked my digital thermometer Wednesday night. It has a wireless, outdoor sensor and records the highest and lowest temps until you reset it or the batteries die. On Wednesday the max temp outside had been 103.3°. Early this morning I checked it again and it had reached 105.5°! Bear in mind, it's in an open, shady spot. No direct sunlight, but plenty of air flow. :eek:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Something really funny/sad. Heard they have these thermometers around the country to track wheather trends. They have strict rules as to where they can or cannot be: not close to heat sources, too close to buildings, airports, etc. Someone went on this groups web site and found where the thermometers where in his area. When he posted his findings others looked too. They found these at the ends of runways where jets take off, right next to heat exchangers for air conditioners, etc. The result was this the website removed the locations of the thermometers.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Here in Cincinnati it hit 100 last two days with buckets of humidity. Just foul weather but still better than winter, shoot you can always grab a cold drink and take a shower. Today's 90 but muuuuuch lower humidity. Go Bengals!
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

67 degrees here in SF, and the sun actually came out in my neighborhood for the first time in two weeks. Very typical grey summer. Can't wait for the warmer weather September and October bring...assuming it shows up.
John

I was out in my driveway a little while ago working on my boat and it was 197.1 degrees. In the shade. I measured it with my fingermometer. Everything I touched was about 3 degrees short of critical mass.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Damn, Fumbly, where are you? I just picked up my brother, his wife, and some friends at LAX. They're from Phoenix and are taking the Ensenada cruise. They were loving the weather and it was 77 according to my car and now 78 according to Yahoo Weather... Quite lovely.

Ross

www.deeppocketband.com

www.epitunes.com/Artists/Deep-Pocket

Yeah, Skipclone1, Japan can get extremely muggy. And I say that as one who lives in the muggy south.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Humiture (temp + Humidity) here in Florida is 115... Spray Painting steel all day is miserable...
"well fellas... there's 1 other thing yer gonna need to make it in Rock & Roll besides all them guitars and amps and drums and things. They call it A SONG..."

Global Warming? Not hardly.

Go back and check records.

It was hotter around 34 or 35.

Besides that...we've had it good this summer down here.

It's just this last week that it got hot...and that's the 2nd week in August.

I wish every summer was like this compared to how nice it's been this year.

Hey, I'll settle for a hot spell for a week or so if the rest of the summer is this mild. :)

"Just play!"

101 degrees! :eek:

Child's play Randy, 101 is what it is at 2:00 AM around here it gets to 110-115 every day around here. Now that is hot. I moved here from Florida, and I thought if I can make the Florida summers I can make it in Arizona, well Florida summers are nowhere near as hot as it gets here. No clouds in the sky, no shade. Ha 101 is child's play.

I spent a lot of years in Arizona. It's why I live somewhere else. I've experienced 120 in Phoenix, 117 in Tucson... My folks live in Yuma, AZ. I don't visit in the summer...

Ross

www.deeppocketband.com

www.epitunes.com/Artists/Deep-Pocket

Having spent 5 years in Tucson, AZ, and 6 years in Beebe, Ar, and two years of "eternal (infernal?) summer" on Guam in the Pacific, I'll take 117 in the shade with 0-3% humidity in Tucson over 98 degrees at 50-75% humidity anywhere else in the world, thank you very much!

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I spent a lot of years in Arizona. It's why I live somewhere else. I've experienced 120 in Phoenix, 117 in Tucson... My folks live in Yuma, AZ. I don't visit in the summer...

I like it here in the summer. I don't go outside much but when I do it does not bother me all that much, it is the cold that I don't like.

Having spent 5 years in Tucson, AZ, and 6 years in Beebe, Ar, and two years of "eternal (infernal?) summer" on Guam in the Pacific, I'll take 117 in the shade with 0-3% humidity in Tucson over 98 degrees at 50-75% humidity anywhere else in the world, thank you very much!

Amen I came here from St Augustine Florida, and although it is hotter, it is more pleasant.

Only thing I've noticed around here is extra humidity. The temperatures are around 80-90, fine by me, but the air has been on average 65% humidity, which for this area is ridiculous. Normally we stand at around 20-30% humidity during the summer, maybe 40 after it rains. I blame our extra-heavy monsoon season.
Shut up and play.

Couldn't agree more! :thu:

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Archived