Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Santa came today!

Bbach1

So I take my new PRS out of the box and inspect it carefully. Not a flaw. After having nothing but a Gretsch white falcon for about 10 months, this thing felt heavy and tiny in my hands. It's going to take some getting used to.

So, tonight my wife is working and my daughter is babysitting at the neighbors so I guess I'll be seeing just how this thing sounds with my mesa boogie. If there is a seismic occurance in the upper midwest tonight, don't worry, it's just me. :thu:

http://bis.midco.net/bbach17/Website/IM000391.JPG

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by guitarzan:

that is sweet! congrats to you.

sound clips? :D

Sound clips? Just open your window Zan. I'm putting out sound clips at about 6.7 on the Richter scale. :D

Funny, even though the pickups are hotter than the filtertrons on my gretch, I did not notice a heck of a difference in tone right off using the number two channel on my mesa (blues kinda crunch).

However, the gretsch shines on the clean channel and the PRS really shows it's stuff on the dirty channel. I'll have to play with the amp settings now.

What fun.

A person should get a new toy more often.

bbach

Originally posted by caprae:

Wow - I'll bet that is drop dead gorgeous. I'll be its even sweeter looking in person.

Yea! I bought it from the dealer photos. It's really just a whole lot nicer in person. I thought I was going to change a couple things but it's so aesethically pleasing that I don't think I could make any mods that would improve it. I thought I'd hate the plastic kluson looking tuning knobs but they look perfect next to the headstock and the tuning machines feel really solid. I'm very pleased with that.

A nice easy player. The wide fat neck feels very gretsch like, but the lower action is smooth and the hot pups really bite. There's nothing about it that doesn't feel solid. I've gotten attached to her already. (sniff).

Excuse me, I have something in my eye. (sniff).

bbach

Interesting, I had been looking at some Nik Hubers and the one main complaint about the Hubers was that after spending your retirement plan on a guitar, you get the worlds cheapest guitar case.

Well, PRS sure excells in that area. Really impressive case. Can't say I have found any cost cutting tricks out of PRS thus far.

I might actually have to smile for a while.

bbach

Originally posted by Bbach1:

Interesting, I had been looking at some Nik Hubers and the one main complaint about the Hubers was that after spending $4k to $5k on a guitar, you get the worlds cheapest guitar case.

I know what you mean. Though I didn't buy a PRS (yet), the case that came with my American Strat is kind of crappy. I'll upgrade it to something a little more sturdy.

I'm glad PRS didn't skimp on the case.

Interesting, I had been looking at some Nik Hubers and the one main complaint about the Hubers was that after spending your retirement plan on a guitar, you get the worlds cheapest guitar case.

Well, PRS sure excells in that area. Really impressive case. Can't say I have found any cost cutting tricks out of PRS thus far.

100% correct! My PRS cases are the best built and most well thought out cases as far as interior storage and fit are concerned out of all my other brands cases!! Good job PRS!!! :D:love:

Originally posted by ellwood:

100% correct! My PRS cases are the best built and most well thought out cases as far as interior storage and fit are concerned out of all my other brands cases!! Good job PRS!!! :D:love:
I have to agree with this as well. Their cases are excellent.

As a PRS player for 15 years now, I know exactly how it feels. They are really wonderful instruments. Congratulations!

Well thanks guys. I have noticed one problem with the PRS though. I can't put it down. About 4 hours on Saturday and another 4 on Sunday.

I wonder how my bosses would feel if I took it to work with me?

bbach

Well thanks guys. I have noticed one problem with the PRS though. I can't put it down. About 4 hours on Saturday and another 4 on Sunday.

I wonder how my bosses would feel if I took it to work with me?

My boss would fill my day up with meetings to attend on his behalf then play my guitar.

Archived