Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GPO Group Buy

cnegrad

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, guys...

As you know, I have a thing about the forum not being used to promote sales.

I realize that cnegrad is not an employee of Northern Sounds, which is why I'm okay with the initial post; however, repeated bumping of the thread/posts regarding the status of the buy kind of crosses the line for me because of the precedent it sets.

I'm willing to allow a single post on the subject, but that's about it. Thanks for respecting my call on this... :cool:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Dave,

Thanks for letting me know about this thread. I did not even know this thread existed until you PM'ed me about it. I think cnegrad was just passing along some helpful information (don't know who cnegrad is - but thanks cnegrad!).

I will be available to answer any questions that anyone may have.

And BTW Dave - great place you have here.

Gary Garritan www.garritan.com

Originally posted by Garritan:

Thanks for letting me know about this thread. I did not even know this thread existed until you PM'ed me about it.

I think cnegrad was just passing along some helpful information
No question.

Please don't misunderstand - we've had some issues with this sort of thing in the past with some folks wanting to use this forum as a sales tool, so we try and keep it under control. Check this thread ...

I will be available to answer any questions that anyone may have.
:cool:

It's always appreciated when manufacturers make themselves available to the community to answer questions about their product. It's adds considerable value to the forum, IMO; and, in return, the manufacturers get to communicate directly with current and potential end-users - definitely a win-win scenario.

As you know, I ordered the GPO myself yesterday. I've heard nothing but good things about this library, and look forward to adding it to my arsenal! :thu:

BTW Dave - great place you have here.
Thank you, sir! We're delighted to have you join us!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Dave,

You'll love it; very expressive, very acoustic sounding; very responsive to breath controller performance; can't wait to hear the big band library. :thu:

Composer/Performer at Roger Hooper Music

Product Trainer at CASIO

www.rogerhooper.com

Originally posted by Roger Hooper:

Dave,

You'll love it; very expressive, very acoustic sounding; very responsive to breath controller performance; can't wait to hear the big band library. :thu:

Thanks Roger,

Using a breath controller is the best way to get realistic performance out of MIDI. Which breath controller do you use?

The Jazz and Big Band library is progressing very nicely. You're going to love playing the subcontrabass sax witht he breath controller. ;)

Gary Garritan

Mr. Garritan:

Welcome! I'm a member over at Northern Sounds and enjoy your posts there, and your products. I've been here a while - welcome! Its great when two forum worlds collide!

REALLY looking forward to the Big Band lib - really wish I had it right now...I'm scoring a theatre piece that would really benefit from it. Also, can't wait for the Strad Violin release!

All the best!

ELP71

Weasels ripped my flesh. Rzzzzzzz.

Gary,

Just thinking out loud here:

I know that I can use GPO or the BigBand Collection for playback in Finale. But is there any way that I can use BOTH simultaneously in Finale when writing for BigBand with Strings, ala Natalie Cole, etc? Thanks!

cnegrad,

Yes, there will be a way you can use GPO and the Jazz/Big Band collection simultaneous in Finale. So you can get that Big Band with lush strings sound. Even Natalie Cole will eat her heart out. :D

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like tomorrow is the last day for this group buy. I was going to jump in today, then noticed that I probably don't have nearly enough computing horsepower. I spoke with someone in Gary's office who said that GPO should really run on a G5, but at least a very fast G4.

Is anyone successfully using GPO on an older G4, like a dual 450Mhz?

I plan to have a G5 later in the year, probably around October. It really doesn't make sense to drop $139 on a library I can't use right away, does it? For me, having a nice orchestral collection is a luxury rather than a necessity.

Originally posted by Mark Zeger:

I plan to have a G5 later in the year, probably around October. It really doesn't make sense to drop $139 on a library I can't use right away, does it?

Mark,

It makes sense for me!

I've got a stack of group-buy software that I'm unable to use until I step up to a dual G5 from my single processor G4. (I figure that I'll buy the new Mac in a month or two.) But by taking advantage of the group buys when they occured, I've saved a pile of money and was able to purchase high-end libraries that I never would've considered purchasing otherwise. I guess it all depends on how much you consider these purchases a luxury, or something that will get used often and gives you inspiration.

Using a breath controller is the best way to get realistic performance out of MIDI. Which breath controller do you use?

I used a BC2 (worked great with GPO until I broke it!) and then the BC3, which I also broke (put it in the pouch of my EX5 bag, along with a small piece of plywood, which severed the mouthpiece!). I might need to hire someone to transport my breath controllers so I don't destroy them. My new BC3 works just fine... :P:D

Composer/Performer at Roger Hooper Music

Product Trainer at CASIO

www.rogerhooper.com

Archived