Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pianoteq 7

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so now I am understanding the NY Steinway D is a new model, different from the Hamburg Steinway D, and is included with version 7. Guess it's worth the $29, at some point it will be needed anyway to upgrade to future versions, even if I can't hear the difference. :sigh:
:nopity:

As a user of Stage 6, I was on the fence about this. I couldn't justify upgrading to Standard, and this was the first time I really had to think about whether I should upgrade. I downloaded the demo version of Stage 7 and did some side-by-side comparisons with 6, and was still up in the air about it.

Some presets sounded better; some sounded different; nothing sounded terrible. I don't think there was anything really there that I NEEDED to have, over 6.

Eventually I did upgrade but it sure wasn't a no-brainer decision.

[video:youtube]

Anyone know what controller "Guy Michelmore" is using in this video?

Ludwig van Beethoven:  “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”

My Rig: Yamaha MOXF8 (used mostly for acoustic piano voices); Motion Sound KP-612SX & SL-512.

I have owned Pianoteq for almost 9 years, admittedly don't use it hardly ever. This is the first time there has ever been a payment required for an upgrade.

I have owned Ptq Standard since version 5. As far back as I can recall, you get a free upgrade to the newest version if it comes out within a year, otherwise it's always been $29 to upgrade to the most current version. And you can upgrade from versions 1-6 to 7 for the same price: https://www.modartt.com/upgrades

I consider Modartt one of the standup music software companies that has clear upgrade policies, fair pricing, and excellent customer support.

Also, the American Steinway D is a free addition to their "Steinway Model D" instrument, if you've purchased it in any of its various names in the past. I bought it as one of my original instruments, and after the upgrade the Hamburg and New York variants are both available. So I paid my very reasonable $29 for the upgrade, got the various improvements and the NY Model D came along for the ride. And the owner of the company is answering questions and bringing out incremental version updates the same day when users find a bug and post about in the Pianoteq forum. Class all the way.

• 1 month later...