Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Most Popular Music Styles 1910 - 2019

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about that list seems off. First a lot of categories and looking at the numbers like to see how they defined the categories. Like what are they calling Classic Rock because, being old what is called classic rock is a moving target. Then HipHop started in the late 70's and they don't have it showing on the chart at all till the end of the 90's. Somethings it's like they are listing sub-categories as separate categories. Jazz they had it dying in late 50's but in early 60's they were Jazz records on the in the early 60's. I'm don't think much of there data.

Wait in 1916 there was country music? That"s surprising, I thought the first recorded country artist was in 1923. Maybe they meant old time?
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

County music's roots are from the British settlers who came over and could only bring a little stuff so for music it was banjos, violins, guitars but they were still playing the popular music from Britain. Country's roots are British pop.

County music's roots are from the British settlers who came over and could only bring a little stuff so for music it was banjos, violins, guitars but they were still playing the popular music from Britain. Country's roots are British pop.

British music had roots back then, Irish music for one.

The banjo is an African instrument.

Bill Evans does a show called "The Banjo In America", I saw it up here at Nancy's Farm. A great history lesson. He starts after a lovely piece, around 5:40.

His thesis is that the banjo is the conduit between European music and African music because anybody could make a banjo. I have a kit copy of a Boucher banjo - pre Civil War. I can't play anything like Bill!!!!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

This helps explain why I don't care for most popular music starting in the 80's and ever since.

And yeah, Blues is never in the list? What's up with that?

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

This helps explain why I don't care for most popular music starting in the 80's and ever since.

And yeah, Blues is never in the list? What's up with that?

I think this YouTube is typical of the sketchy stuff I find on YT.

details and certain facts are overlooked.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

EDM is not on there, I suspect a complete polling would at least show it as a popular style (ugh).

LOL. Honestly, what were they thinking ????

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]