Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Good laptop stand or holder?

Any recommendations on a good laptop holder for stage, either a well designed standalone or attachment to a stand?

I'm not looking to go higher up vertically with an additional tier, but another device to the side of my keyboards. I already have a number of "other" stands, ranging from mic stand with boom, an iPad holder on a stand, music stand, my Alesis drum pad, plus my mixer. I don't gig with all of these things, but I would like a better solution for my 15" MAC Book Pro than just putting it down on the floor or on an extra bench seat when I use it with my full rig.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This works pretty well. The lips are just high enough to prevent sliding, not near as high as a music stand. 1/4 turn latches instead of threaded locks.

Sam Ash Laptop Stand

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Second on the Roland stand; also handy for a small synth. Onstage Stands also makes an inexpensive (less than $20) but functional laptop stand that screws onto the top of a mic stand, and that's a little more compact as far as setup and teardown, though not as robust as the Roland.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

K&M makes this one. https://www.thomannmusic.com/km_12185.htm I'm going to order one as I'm a fan of their equipment. The only thing holding me back is the amount of shipping vehicles that have been hijacked and looted recently in some areas, and shipping to my town requires things to pass right through those areas.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

+1 on the Samson. It comes with a large silicone pad, so the laptop won't slip. It sticks so well, I leave it attached to the laptop permanently. When I have to move move it for a gig, I lift the the tray (with the laptop sticking to it) off of the tripod and stow it upside down with the short mounting post pointing up.

I've been using one like this for years

Klonk Here

It has worked very well for me, but not as a laptop stand. I only brought my laptop to one gig, then decided it wasn't worth it to have on stage. So, I use it to hold my small mixer, and my vent.

I did have an issue where the welds came apart, and the tray came off. A drill and a few pop rivets, and it's back working perfectly.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon