Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Eliminating all the stress in my life.

Well-this is starting to sound like one of our patented thread hijackings :laugh: but a weapon can also be disarmed, then used against you. Then you need a backup-it never ends. But the odds of running into someone that good, who is also a total dick, are small. It happens mostly in movies. Facing an armed opponent is enough to end a lot of trouble.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wing Chun is an armed style. Founded by a woman. A woman is at a disadvantage boxing against men. I studied under a couple of different lines and never truly understood chain punching until an elder Chinese brother in New York told me his belief that Wing Chun chain punching was a precursor for the knives. Now a woman with a pair of knives is a terrifying thing. Female human chain saw. :o Not sure if Mr Ong is 100% correct but it sure made a lot of sense to me when I thought about it.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Wing Chun is an armed style. Founded by a woman. A woman is at a disadvantage boxing against men.

I studied under William Chueng Yip Mans heir. There are many styles called Wing Chun. Here is the truth as I learned it from Si Gong Chueng. I studied under World Wing Chun, (Traditional Style) (Not the modified version which is also taught) and it began in the Sil Lim Temple many hundreds of years ago. When the Hans were under the rule of the Manchus. The Hans were probably 85% of the Chinese people at the time and the Manchus were probably only 15%.

Anyways the monks of the Sil Lim Temple gathered together the grand masters of the 5 traditional styles and formulated the Wing Chun style using the bests techniques of the 5 traditional Kung Fu Styles. A nun named Nig Mui was out shopping in the local town when the Manchus who had gotten wind of the new style forming went and wiped out every single person in the Sil Lim Temple. She escaped into other places.

Later on when things cooled down she entered into a martial arts contest and with her Wing Chun she defeated all the men except in the finals. She lost to a guy who she had the hots for. Later on they married and she went to her husband and said; now that we are married I want to teach you my style (not yet named). He told her why would I want to learn your style? She replied I let you win that's why at which time he offered her outside to do a new contest which she handily won.

Later on after she had a daughter that she named her Ylim Wing Chun transliterated into English that means hope for the future Ylim Wing Chun was the first Grand Master of the traditional style which is currently headed by William Chueng.

While Nig Mui was teaching her style to her husband outside the house, there was a man who lived next door and he did not get the full system because some if it is secret and only taught in secret. The man who was eves dropping over the back yard fence started the modifies style.

The weapons that are taught is the "bo" a long pole, and the short swords (I have a set not a practice set which is dull, mine are sharpened on the point and the edges. I never trained on the Bo nor the swords, I was only interested in the hand to hand techniques and never reached Sifu status.

Traditional Wing Chun is a weapon of war. That was its purpose, that was the intent of its creation.

If I need a weapon I will use firearms. I can legally concealed carry in my home state with only my Drivers license or State ID.

:cheers:

Interesting, I knew some of this but that fills in some things I did not know. My friend`s Wing Chun is from Master Lo Man Kam in Taipei, he was a legend even in the 80s when I lived there. He is a nephew of Yip Man and still teaching these days.

The bo you refer to (I think it would be gun or kon in Chinese) is very long, maybe 12 shaku. That is double the length of the Okinawan bo, which I currently study. The short swords are commonly called butterfly knives, yes? Those weapons are there but as far as I know they are not a big focus in most schools. One of the main things that drew me to Philippino martial arts is the practicality. Knife attacks are a very modern problem. Actually , my foundation in Shaolin is almost exactly opposite of Wing Chun, I studied Northern long boxing. Between that and Taekwondo, I felt that I needed more close range skills.

Anyway Japan doesn`t do firearms. Even the bad guys rarely shoot anyone.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Wing Chun is an armed style. Founded by a woman. A woman is at a disadvantage boxing against men. I studied under a couple of different lines and never truly understood chain punching until an elder Chinese brother in New York told me his belief that Wing Chun chain punching was a precursor for the knives. Now a woman with a pair of knives is a terrifying thing. Female human chain saw. :o Not sure if Mr Ong is 100% correct but it sure made a lot of sense to me when I thought about it.

I don't know much about it, but whenever I DO hear someone talk a bit about it, I can't help but think of......

:laugh:

[video:youtube]

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

The short swords are commonly called butterfly knives, yes?

Correct, I have a pair of the real ones, and if someone breaks into my house, and I can't get my gun, the Butterfly swords come out, and since they have a sharp edge and point, any way that I hit the intruder, is gonna disable that intruder, and I won't stop chopping until the intruder is gone. I never really want to hurt anyone at all, but if push comes to shove, I will do what is necessary to protect the wifey and house.

And too..... Think of the BARBECUE y'all can have! :sick::taz:

Or at least the MONEY you can save on DOG FOOD! :laugh::thu:

Whitefang

Long pig for the doggie Fangster? Not a bad idea...... Put the criminal creeps remains to be something useful......

:cheers:

A poem I wrote for a guitarist friend who works as a butcher:

I've got to make a living and must face the facts

It's either my meat cleaver or my axe....

So he was a DUAL THREAT as they say; luckily he's not a violent person, at least in my experience. Of course I never tried to steal any of his GUITARS.....

So he was a DUAL THREAT as they say; luckily he's not a violent person, at least in my experience. Of course I never tried to steal any of his GUITARS.....

How's his chops?

:rimshot::rawk::D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

How's his chops?

Beefy!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

How's his chops?

Beefy!

:laugh: (can't resist!)

Is he the guy that had that delivery truck with the sign on the side that read:

"You can lick our chops, but you can't BEAT OUR MEAT!"? :w00t:

:rolleyes:

Whitefang

• 2 weeks later...
Living proof that all guitar players are PREVERTS!

One of my motivations into becoming a rock star was that I could have lots of groupies. The more the merrier.

In fact I never went home alone after a gig in the local clubs. There was always a nice young lady who wanted to come with me in those days.

Does that qualify as PERVERT amigo? I always thought it was natural, not perverted.

:rawk:

"SOME guitar players are perverts" and SOME others choose to pander to the lowest common denominator.

It's interesting that Frankie V Zappa, perhaps the most intellectual & rational of modern pop musicians (despite what Bobby Fripp might think) fits all the varied possibilities of pervert, prevert, protovert &, at times, pandered to the lowest common denomi-Nations & eschewed them as well. :facepalm:

Just, Jah know, sayin'.

:D

d=halfnote

A good point.

I can clearly remember (well, maybe not "clearly") laughing like hell at such outrageous lyrics in tunes like "Billy the Mountain", "Catholic Girls" ( There's some truth in those lyrics), "Jewish Princess" et.al. I was a lot younger then.

If you play cool, you are cool.

Yeah, ERIC. I remember KEENAN WYNN's part(and pronunciation) in "Dr. Strangelove". :D

Oh, and Fred....

Don't overlook THIS one! ;)

Or too, THIS masterpiece! :D

Whitefang