Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So I'm in my local strip club yesterday, and I see...

That the girls have pretty bad taste in music. Well, not really... I mean I've [i]heard[/i] :rolleyes: that the music in strip clubs is pretty lame... ;) [i]Not that I go there all the time[/i] :cool: ...That's just what I've heard from my [i]Single[/i] friends... I mean, if you're gonna hang out for a few hours, wouldn't you like to have some decent tunes... not just the "pop or R&B" hits of the day, or something... :eek: So what do YOU like your favorite lap dancer to grind to? guitplayer, (with a nod to Chip :D )

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by guitplayer: [b]So what do YOU like your favorite lap dancer to grind to?[/b][/quote]Darling Nikki-Prince Slut-Todd Rundgren Whole Lotta Rosie-AC/DC Bolero-Ravel Mississippi Queen-Mountain Make Me Wanna Holler-Me'shell version....

[quote]Originally posted by guitplayer: [b]That the girls have pretty bad taste in music. So what do YOU like your favorite lap dancer to grind to? guitplayer, (with a nod to Chip :D )[/b][/quote]Who, me? Well see, being single means strip clubs are enormously.... hmmm. [i]mentally taxing[/i]. I mean, it's "fun", but it's [i]"not FUN fun"[/i], amazingly.... great and painful at the same time. Hmm. I suppose this is the reason some female friends seem to find it amusing to watch me in strip clubs? It's like exploding in slow motion while squirming in the most peculiar ways. Half a beer and I'm drunk, how does that work? Ya know, it's sort of like.... well I mean, you know, there's the Ferrari dealership over there, you know? You can walk in there, and maybe they'll let you touch the paint, or maybe even open a door and sit down... maybe you can fondle the shift knob, and.. and.. ARhhrhrrghrghrHRGrhgrh..... ... but see, what *I* want to do is take it around the block for a spin. RIGHT NOW. ..... You know? Likewise, .... ahg. Strip clubs make me want to get LOUD and one feels the need to just go RUN AROUND for no reason at all. I honestly haven't really been that often, probably less times than I have fingers.... I don't get the "let's go pay money to be tortured" routine, although I find myself talked into it and then I'm there and I realize "oh yeah..... I've forgotten.... bare flesh just RIGHT there in PUBLIC... this is KILLING me, why am I here" and it's like 150 I.Q. points go flying out the door at a high rate of speed, I can't communicate properly, I'm babbling "there must be... 57 tits up there", and I'm hipmotized and .... Oh, there's music being played at strip clubs? I never noticed..... Hmm. I would think any kind of music at all can work if... "approached" properly. There's a fashion sense involved, obviously. If the music played reflects their bad taste, it's probably also a reflection on their daily situation perhaps - it's not like they don't have lives outside of these bars, but since I think most people's taste in music is bad to begin with I don't see why strippers would have better taste for some reason. Actually, that's probably a good thing, that falls under the "Diana Krall is pretty dangerous, and pretty, but it's a good thing k.d. lang doesn't look like, say, Rose McGowen, or else we'd have a major problem". You know?

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

[quote]Originally posted by guitplayer: [b]That the girls have pretty bad taste in music. Well, not really... I mean I've [i]heard[/i] :rolleyes: that the music in strip clubs is pretty lame... ;) [i]Not that I go there all the time[/i] :cool: ...That's just what I've heard from my [i]Single[/i] friends... I mean, if you're gonna hang out for a few hours, wouldn't you like to have some decent tunes... not just the "pop or R&B" hits of the day, or something... :eek: So what do YOU like your favorite lap dancer to grind to? guitplayer, (with a nod to Chip :D )[/b][/quote]Now I don't frequent strip clubs, but it seems to me that if you're noticing the music, you really shouldn't be there in the first place! :D (Or, perhaps, the girls ain't worth looking at. ;) )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b][QUOTE]"there must be... 57 tits up there"[/b][/quote]Let's see...get out the calculator...hmmm. So you went to a club that had 27 standard ladies from planet Earth plus the special attraction of Xeralia, the triple-breasted stripper of Eroticon 5? Was that in Vegas or something? I think I saw her headlining at the Olympic Gardens, or was that Crazy Horse II? Wacky! :) - Jeff

[quote]Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b][QUOTE]"there must be... 57 tits up there"[/b][/quote]Let's see...get out the calculator...hmmm. So you went to a club that had 27 standard ladies from planet Earth plus the special attraction of Xeralia, the triple-breasted stripper of Eroticon 5? Was that in Vegas or something? I think I saw her headlining at the Olympic Gardens, or was that Crazy Horse II? Wacky! :) - Jeff[/b][/quote]She was in one of the Star Trek movies... Lessee...bump 'n' grind music? Stevie...Texas Flood. Really does have a bawdy bad-girl blues sound. A friend of ours (female) heard that song and said..."That's a 'let-me-take-you-home-and-f***-you-all-night-long-song'"...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I've spend a lot of time in go-go bars -- Most of my female friends are dancers, and I have been a bouncer/chaperone for some clubs and private sessions. I usually stop in to pick them up (to hang out, etc) just as their shifts are ending, so I end up hearing a lot of "stripper" music. Since I don't drink and the girls are my buddies, I kind of get to take in the whole scene with very little bias. Depending on the club (and the dancer,) I get to hear some cool stuff. Lords Of Acid's "Pussy" is a numorous(and appropriate) choice. Many stout men blush when the women dance to this. Not suprisingly, there are a lot of classics that still get some mileage -- "Brick House," "Play That Funky Music," "Girls, Girls, Girls," "Hot For Teacher," "Shake A Tailfeather," etc, are in pretty regular rotation. Of course, there's also a ton of new stuff. I always find it funny when some of the women choose stuff like Rage Against The Machine, Metallica or Tool for dancing... The grooves are usually pretty nice, but (IMO) the songs are NOT sexy. The guys don't seem to care much (obviously,) but the pissed-off lyrics tend to fairly accurately reflect the way these ladies really feel about their clientele. Personally, I prefer lap dances from my wife in private with something sweet and groovy playing on our home stereo.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Ah, the nudie bar... I've only been to two nudie bars so far. The first one was in Tijuana, and was a very bad experience. I was with my fiancé (girlfriend at the time) and her Mom, and they drug me into this very shady nudie bar since the guys at the door were offering free drinks to the ladies :rolleyes: . The girls, who I doubt were even 18, were dancing to 80's butt rock like Scorpions, RATT, Warrant, etc. Man, the people hanging out in that joint....very scary indeed. My 2nd expereince was a bar here in Portland which is only a juice bar since these guys lost their liquor license. Funny thing was it was actually quite surreal. Just a bunch of naked girls walking around...I really don't get the whole attraction to these places. I mean, I love looking at the female figure as much as the next guy, but not with a bunch of other guys. Plus, who just wants to look :D ?

[quote]Originally posted by guitplayer: [b] Well, not really... I mean I've [i]heard[/i] :rolleyes: that the music in strip clubs is pretty lame... ;) [i]Not that I go there all the time[/i] :cool: ...That's just what I've heard from my [i]Single[/i] friends... guitplayer, (with a nod to Chip :D )[/b][/quote]Guitarplayer, you blew your cover! MARRIED guys go to strip clubs, the single guys go to the meat market type clubs because they can take someone home (if they're lucky). ;) ;) The last time I was in a stripper club (a business trip with a bunch of married guys... no REALLY!) I got thrown out. The dancer liked to kick her leg over the head of the, um, viewer giving her a dollar. Being an art lover I approached with my buck (now there's a variation on the Dial 10-10-220 commercial!) and she tried but couldn't quite clear my head (she was on about a 12" stage and I'm 6'5"), she lost her balance and fell backwards, locking her leg over my shoulder, pulling me face down in her, ah, lap, and just like that three bouncers were tossing me through the door. I go to museums now...

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

[quote]Originally posted by botch@netutah.net: [b] and she tried but couldn't quite clear my head (she was on about a 12" stage and I'm 6'5"), she lost her balance and fell backwards, locking her leg over my shoulder, pulling me face down in her, ah, lap, and just like that three bouncers were tossing me through the door. I go to museums now...[/b][/quote]LMAO :D ,......

[quote]Originally posted by guitplayer: [b]So what do YOU like your favorite lap dancer to grind to? [/b][/quote]While I'm not a frequent visitor of those clubs... A vivid image I have is from a goddess-alike doing her thing while Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb was in the PA ... ... awww....

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

[quote]Originally posted by offramp@earthlink.net: [b]...I enjoyed the wait staff more than the dancers. MUCH sexier and more appealing.[/b][/quote]...that happens more frequently than what you'd imagine...

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

[quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b] sit down... maybe you can fondle the shift knob, and.. and.. ARhhrhrrghrghrHRGrhgrh.....[/b][/quote]Woo-hooo...! /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

[quote]Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b][QUOTE]"there must be... 57 tits up there"[/b][/quote]Let's see...get out the calculator...hmmm. So you went to a club that had 27 standard ladies from planet Earth plus the special attraction of Xeralia, the triple-breasted stripper of Eroticon 5? [/b][/quote]Man, *no one* here can tell me the origin of that joke (there must be.... 57 tits up there".......? I thought this room was more hip....?

It comes from the bachelor party of the millionaire heir to the Heinz Ketchup fortune. The best man hired a veritable bevy of gorgeous ladies of various ethnicity to dance naked, and the groom-to-be, in keeping with his company's slogan, said, "There must be 57 varieties of tits up there", which was later shortened to just "57 tits up there". I dunno. I just made that up. But it's as good an explanation as any.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Chip; Recognized it immediately-that (there must be 57 tits up there) comes from a Steve Martin comedy album. It's either Let's Get Small or Comedy Is Not Pretty. Had them both on vinyl 20 years ago. Right? Now, on the exotic dancer subject: Is it just me, or do WAY too many of them have tattoos and piercings these days? Instant turn off. Maybe it's just me. D'OH! I think I just admitted to going in a strip club. There goes my shot at the Presidency. :D

[quote]Originally posted by timrocker: [b]D'OH! I think I just admitted to going in a strip club. There goes my shot at the Presidency. :D [/b][/quote]Hmm...maybe if you tell people you were just there pressing the flesh...wait...no...damn.... :eek:

[quote] Originally posted by timrocker: Is it just me, or do WAY too many of them have tattoos and piercings these days? Instant turn off. Maybe it's just me.[/quote]Well, the turn-off factor might just be you, and I don't know if "too many" of the dancers have tattoos and piercings these days, but the number of strippers with some kind of body art has definitely gone up. It's a sign of the times. About seven years ago, many of the women I knew with tattoos or piercings couldn't work in the more prestigious clubs because the management considered tats, etc, to be trashy or low class. These days piercings and tats are almost mandatory -- even in the fancier places. Ink and piercings are kind of like breast implants in that way -- they come into style and go out of vogue in a cyclical way. Some of the women who have been in the industry for a while have has their breasts enhanced (and then "un-enhanced,") tattoos done (and removed or covered with make-up) and piercings added (and removed) depending on the whim of times. It's a rough biz for women, but (depending on the person and clubs) a good amount of income can be made.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

[quote]Originally posted by timrocker: [b]Chip; Recognized it immediately-that (there must be 57 tits up there) comes from a Steve Martin comedy album. It's either Let's Get Small or Comedy Is Not Pretty. Had them both on vinyl 20 years ago. Right? [/b][/quote]Finally! 10 pts.... Tattoos are getting pretty tired at this point, aren't they?

[quote] Tattoos are getting pretty tired at this point, aren't they? [/quote]You'd think so, but that's not the case. Tattoo shops are popping up everywhere -- even in VERY small towns. My band plays a lot of all-ages shows in these types of markets, and you might not believe how many young people (male & female) are getting heavily tattooed before they are even 17 years old. And (as I mentioned in a previous post)a few tattoos on startegic area are almost mandatory for go-go dancers these days. One night I was only able to find a single dancer out of six who was tattooless and without a visible "alternative" piercing.

\m/

Erik

--Sun Tzu

Archived