Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't bag on Keyshawn man...he gives a team spirit & guts. Yeah, maybe he's a little overconfident in his ability...but he never drops balls and he'll give you 110% effort. I would rather see him go outside the NFC East.

Play only what you hear within...if you hear nothing, play nothing at all

My Gear: Motif; Ensoniq MR-76; Suitcase Rhodes; Earthquake MKII Pedal; DiscomBOBulator; PodXT

Originally posted by musicalaccents:

but he never drops balls

You obviously never followed Key closely. We had him here in Tampa. For every great catch over the middle he made there were 3 easy outs which went right through his hands.

The thing I can't ever get over is him getting in Tony Dungy's face. What kind of person can get in Tony's face?

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

Lavar Arrington is supposed to be in the Natti tommorow. And Carson actually walked into the press conference today with just a slight limp and no soft cast after major knee reconstruction. The word is he is doing well and ahead of schedule. You have to love Carson, he always tries to say the right thing, always seems humble,always builds up his teammates. And he can throw like a laser guided missle. One good thing we got from you California boys.Not to leave anyone out, we love those Georgia Bulldogs we keep drafting every year.( Thurman,Pollock,and Gaethers)

Originally posted by Jeff Klopmeyer:

(sits up, rubs eyes, thinks he had a bad dream that Aaron Brooks was signed as the Raiders' starting QB, sees the headline again, passes out again...)

Aaron Brooks? Aa. Ron. Brooo. Oks.

sigh

- Jeff

Just Win Baby!

I don't want to see Keysahwn on the NYG. Loud mouth dope. Not terribly interesting either. Slags other players publicly as if it were his duty--on eof whom,I hear, was Ronde Barber. Wonder how Tiki feels about Keyshawn in big blue.

And it's not like his ability makes a strong case for tolerating his mouth. It's not even accurate to call him overrated, 'cause the only one overrating him anymore is Keyshawn.

We've got Plaxico, Amani, Schockey, and the best receiving RB in the league. What we need in a third reciever is deep-threat speed. Keyshawn has never had that,not even at USC.

Count me opposed.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

(sits up, rubs eyes, thinks he had a bad dream that Aaron Brooks was signed as the Raiders' starting QB, sees the headline again, passes out again...)Aaron Brooks? Aa. Ron. Brooo. Oks.sigh- Jeff

The only thing you guys need to deal with is that Aaron Brooks has pretty substantial focus problems. If they were gonna sign him, then they must have a plan to deal with just those issues. The up side is that everything else about Brooks is good to go. Great arm, great mobility, good deep balls & quick outs, 400 yrd passing games etc... Then you add Moss ;)

Raiders fans may be very happy at the end of the day.

TROLL . . . ish.

(sits up, rubs eyes, thinks he had a bad dream that Aaron Brooks was signed as the Raiders' starting QB, sees the headline again, passes out again...)

sigh

Yeah, I'm not sure I'm digging this...

...but I figure anything's better than Kerry Collins. :eek:;)

Hey, we were underwhelmed when Gannon joined the team as well...maybe Brooks'll turn out to be a good fit.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

sigh

Hey, we were underwhelmed when Gannon joined the team as well...maybe Brooks'll turn out to be a good fit.

dB

The guy can be dangerous, and has won NFL starts. that means alot, He has Randy to throw to ,and he can run.Personally ,after watching Culpepper throw 5 ints versus the Bengals ,I think your better off,He really struggled last year. Hey , right now the Bengals don't know when Carson will be back and were looking at signing a QB, Its not pretty. Jamie Martin? Tommy Maddox ? Testeverde? auugggh! After enduring Akili Smith, David Klingler, we are spoiled.

Hey Guys. This is my first post in the forums. I'm glad you have these threads. I've been a Redskins fan all my life and follow the Ravens with some interest, although I can't seem to figure out why they stick with Kyle Boller. Now that Gibbs is running the show, I have faith that the Skins are one of the elite teams in the NFC. The man just knows management.

Re: Arrington, Caveat Emptor! He was a nightmare here in DC. On the field he constantly over-pursued and refused to play within the confines of Gregg Williams D, a defense that has proved to be formidable (i hope we don't lose Sean Taylor - the best FS in the NFL!). Off the field he had numerous discipline and contract issues. We never got the production out him that we paid for.

I'm certainly with you there.

Oh, it's true... you never know. And Gannon's the great example. In fact, I was less impressed with Gannon's pre-Raider performance than I am with Brooks', and bitched plenty when he arrived. I could be completely wrong.

But I saw something on the Raiders' forums last night, from a guy who said, "Great. We got the African-American Kerry Collins." Kinda true... big arm, has had good seasons... and totally unfocused, and possibly the streakiest QB in the league. The one welcome addition is the mobility.

So, I guess it could be worse. Much worse.

Still Aaron Brooks, the Raider? This is going to take some getting used to.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Satie45:

Hey Guys. This is my first post in the forums. I'm glad you have these threads. I've been a Redskins fan all my life

Welcome Satie. Sorry to hear about your being a Redskins fan ;):P Seriously, though, welcome aboard.

Getting back to the Giants and Keyshawn....what would be the purpose? Yes, a deeper threat would be nice, but I think Plaxico could give us that. We don't need to focus (i.e. waste money)on WRs at this point in time. I think the G Men have a solid WR crew. There are other holes that could stand a little filling.

Originally posted by Trill:

sigh

dB

The guy can be dangerous, and has won NFL starts. that means alot, He has Randy to throw to ,and he can run.Personally ,after watching Culpepper throw 5 ints versus the Bengals ,I think your better off,He really struggled last year. Hey , right now the Bengals don't know when Carson will be back and were looking at signing a QB, Its not pretty. Jamie Martin? Tommy Maddox ? Testeverde? auugggh! After enduring Akili Smith, David Klingler, we are spoiled.
I agree with Trill. I'm cautiously optimistic about this guy, and, as dB says, it's really hard to see how Brooks could be any worse than Collins, unless he suddenly jumps to 2 picks/game (as Collins was already averaging over 1 pick/game). If everyone can stay healthy, the boyz might be able to have a winning season.

Condolences to the Packers fans. Like the Colts really need more points potential. :rolleyes:

--Mark

"I don't know anything about music. In my line, you don't have to."

-Elvis Presley (1935-1977)

Originally posted by antimatter:

Aren't the Raiders expected to take a QB in the first round? If so, Brooks would just be a filler til' the youngster is ready.

There were, when it looked like they had no QB.

Remember, the Raiders already have a young high-draft pick QB in Andrew Walter. He still hasn't taken a snap in a game. Al Davis hates playing untested young QBs. He'll be lucky if he sees action this year as well. And, he's currently third in the depth chart, behind Brooks and the relatively useless Marques Tuiasosopo.

So, I think the Raiders will not spend a draft pick on another QB, even if Vince Young is available at the 7th pick.

In other news, Dallas is now the official highly talented asshole magnet for 2006:

Vanderjagt To Sign With Cowboys

- Jeff

Originally posted by Satie45:

Hey Guys. This is my first post in the forums. I'm glad you have these threads. I've been a Redskins fan all my life and follow the Ravens with some interest, although I can't seem to figure out why they stick with Kyle Boller. Now that Gibbs is running the show, I have faith that the Skins are one of the elite teams in the NFC. The man just knows management.

Re: Arrington, Caveat Emptor! He was a nightmare here in DC. On the field he constantly over-pursued and refused to play within the confines of Gregg Williams D, a defense that has proved to be formidable (i hope we don't lose Sean Taylor - the best FS in the NFL!). Off the field he had numerous discipline and contract issues. We never got the production out him that we paid for.

Welcome Satie45,

Marvin knows all about Lavarr, he even said he was one of the most undisciplined players he had coached when asked about Lavarr becoming an FA during last season ,I'm sure he will talk to him about it knowing Marv.

Yes, welcome Satie45! :cool:

I have fond memories of playing Gymnopédies back in my schooldays. :)

As for the Redskins, I was a big fan back when George Allen took half of my favorite team (the LA Rams) with him and his "the future is NOW" philosophy to Washington. Go, Ramskins!

Ever since then, the Redskins have bobbed in and out of my top five teams. I'd be happy to see Gibbs get them back to the big game.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Today's musical chairs:

Keyshawn Johnson chooses to sign with the Carolina Panthers.

Cowboys guard Larry Allen decides to sign with the San Francisco 49ers.

New England Patriots tackle Tom Ashworth agrees to a contract with the Seattle Seahawks.

More here:

Keyshawn Johnson Signs With Panthers; Allen to 49ers

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Well, The Arrington /Bengal visit was postponed. It sounds like Miami is really after him. It would really be interesting to have Lavar on one side rushing the passer and Pollock on the other. He is supposedly still planning a visit.

How cool is this, first game of the new season will be Manning v. Manning.

The Giants will open their 2006 regular season with a primetime blockbuster against the Indianapolis Colts that will be the first-ever game with Eli and Peyton Manning as the starting quarterbacks. The game will be played in Giants Stadium on Sunday night, Sept. 10, and will be the first Sunday night game televised by NBC, the NFLs new television partner. "I cant do a whole lot of trash talking. Its not like Im a defensive end who is going to sack him," said Manning.

Originally posted by garrafon:

"I cant do a whole lot of trash talking. Its not like Im a defensive end who is going to sack him," said Manning.

Which one? ;)

- Jeff

What difference does it make? LOL

Actually, I thought the very same question when I read that. But, since I got it off of www.giants.com, I'm assuming it was Eli.

The Bengals look like thier finally going to try to plug the run defense . A deal with Sam Adams (DT)is imminent. He has always been very good but he is 33. Doesn't look great for Arrington ,but if they do get him . The Defense could turn into something formidable. At QB they are looking at Harrington as a backup.

Archived