Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mark Ronson TV series: Watch the Music

Just watched the first episode tonight, which was about the history of AutoTune. Sampling is Episode 2 and Synths are Episode 4 and based on the first episode should be well worth watching. Great production values and in the first episode you get to see lots of synths and watch Sean Ono Lennon apply Antares plugins to his dad's voice. Recommended :thu:

Streaming on Apple TV+

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mark Ronson show was surprisingly good. I was pleased that the synth episode didn't just talk about typical stuff, and also that it included a number of women synthesists. The drum machine episode was surprisingly good, too. Those things tend to just focus on the 808, but this thankfully didn't.

Song Exploder is hot or miss. Unfortunately, a good number of the songs they "explode" just aren't that interesting, and some of the people seem so impressed with themselves. The Killers episode is the perfect example. They talk about a very basic chord progression that they "discovered" and talk about it as if they had just landed on Mars.

The Mark Ronson show was surprisingly good. I was pleased that the synth episode didn't just talk about typical stuff, and also that it included a number of women synthesists. The drum machine episode was surprisingly good, too. Those things tend to just focus on the 808, but this thankfully didn't.

Song Exploder is hot or miss. Unfortunately, a good number of the songs they "explode" just aren't that interesting, and some of the people seem so impressed with themselves. The Killers episode is the perfect example. They talk about a very basic chord progression that they "discovered" and talk about it as if they had just landed on Mars.

Check out the SE episode with "Losing My Religion"....it's great!

Watched a couple of episodes. It's surprisingly good, wasn't expecting much.

To me Ronson is a pretty insufferable character. :laugh: With his rotating selection of vintage band T's, Gucci sweaters and Rolls-Royces and that nonchalant "hipster" way he communicates all the time. When he was talking to McCartney and Premier (his heroes, I presume) I felt like he was much more normal and relaxed, oddly.

He's earned his stripes by being a part of some incredible productions, though.

I thought it was hilarious in the first episode when the guy based the AI lyrics on Ronson's songs and it kept repeating "believe me just watch" or whatever, and he pointed it out that came from Uptown Funk because that line is in there like a million times.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I thought it was hilarious in the first episode when the guy based the AI lyrics on Ronson's songs and it kept repeating "believe me just watch" or whatever, and he pointed it out that came from Uptown Funk because that line is in there like a million times.

Yep that was funny :) I watched episode 3 today which was about reverb. Some damn cool stuff shot at Capitol Records and in a vast underground diesel tank :thu: