Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Melodica!

'This Land Was Made For You And Me' by Jimmy Buffett on the PBS special has a guy playing a melodica. Not something you see very often (other than Don Fagan).

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like!

And for years I thought Don Fagan was the only person in the world who could play the melodica without looking like a dork!

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

I"m currently using one in my party band. We cover 'And We Danced' by The Hooters. Audience loves it!

In 2019 my tribute band toured Pink Floyd"s The Wall around the country. The melodica and I enjoyed a privilege rarely bestowed on an AUD70 plastic instrument and a humble keys player - we got to close the show together with a solo at the front of the stage. A fortuitous and wistfully remembered circumstance.

If melodica is your bag, do yourself a favour and type 'melodica men' into YouTube.

Thanks for the video Links. Did not know Michael Pipoquinha (last name means "little popcorn"). Found some excellent videos on Youtube.

A bit embarrassing that I always find out about amazing players in Brazil ... from folks outside of Brazil. Earlier this year an excellent bass player (Sergio Brandao) passed away, and only the international media mentioned it.

Back on topic - I like the melodica solo on Cyndi Lauper's "Money changes everything" - I think it was the guy from The Hooters that did the album part.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

I like!

And for years I thought Don Fagan was the only person in the world who could play the melodica without looking like a dork!

I"ve been playing a melodica (melodion) since before they became popular. And I do look dorky, but the audience really seems to enjoy it. So I embrace my inner dork. I may even break out the wearable keyboard. That would be a keytar however I refrain from using that term.

2133.jpg.4de3cf4363b3430c80145c26dba5dcbc.jpg

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Should wear earplugs, they are loud!

Find 675 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Thanks for the video Links. Did not know Michael Pipoquinha (last name means "little popcorn"). Found some excellent videos on Youtube.

A bit embarrassing that I always find out about amazing players in Brazil ... from folks outside of Brazil. Earlier this year an excellent bass player (Sergio Brandao) passed away, and only the international media mentioned it.

Back on topic - I like the melodica solo on Cyndi Lauper's "Money changes everything" - I think it was the guy from The Hooters that did the album part.

Sergio was very well known on the NYC Braz music scene before he went back to Brazil. What happened to him was a tragedy. Pipoquinha is one of the most technically gifted and musical bass players I've ever heard! I'm tempted to derail further with some links but will hold back. I'm sure you found some good ones. Back to our regularly schedued programming. Any jazz melodica players other than JC I should know about? I'm drawing a blank.