Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - iPhone 12

I'm finally upgrading from an iPhone 6 to iPhone 12. One thing I loved about my 6 is that it was damn near indestructible. I dropped it dozens of times and never had any issues. I purchased a high quality screen protector and always had a semi-rugged case for it.

Are the iPhone 12's really durable too? I read somewhere recently that the newest iPhone's have really strong screens and actually don't require the screen protectors to keep them from cracking. Looking for opinions on this.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the same upgrade 2 months ago, from 6 Plus to 12 Pro Max. I don't use a screen savor because they make the touch screen less sensitive. Also, I keep my phone in my pocket, the same pocket as keys. After two months no scratches. I do have the Apple case that lets you use a wireless charger. Love the camera on the 12 Pro Max. Though the 12 Pro Max is said to be the biggest iPhone ever, the 6 Plus is almost the same size case.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I went ahead and got the screen protector. I also bought a pretty decent protective case by UAG. I realize there are literally thousands of cases for these things. Sometimes when I go for walks in the neighborhood I listen to podcasts using the phone speaker. The sound coming out of this is tinny and boxy compared to my iPhone 6. I think the case has an effect on what how the speaker sounds. I know I'm picky as hell, but I wish it sounded better.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

I went from a 6 to a 10+ shortly after the 11 came out. Do have a protector, seems to work fine. Keep in a leather belt case. Don't have to take it out as much now, I can answer phone calls and do a lot of other things with the Apple Watch 4. Seems to be just as rugged. The 6 has the SIM card removed, most apps removed, and is now in use as a musical sound generator with Korg Module.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Too bad it doesn"t have a headphone jack

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

I keep waiting for Anker to release a hub for the iPhone 12. Would love an Anker hub with headphone, usb and memory card slots.

On first read I doubted your sanity, on second read I thought 'geez how good would that be for integration with a rig'

I suspect there"s some problem routing audio, power, and USB Midi all through the same dongle and that"s why it"s not being distributed.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Believe it or not, I still have the iPhone 5S (first with fingerprint reader) I am a bit of butt of jokes for having an old iPhone with my friends. I have put 3 batteries in it (this is a main reason people upgrade when their battery goes bad) The older iPhones come apart easy. Newer ones are glued and a taller task to put in a new battery. I have changed tablets also to HP's that come apart with fasteners (plus have a flash like an iPad) for a fast battery change. iFixit categorizes the difficulty of repairing different phones One (who does own repairs) should review that before buying a phone, imo. It does everything I want it to do very well. When wide-band 5G (mmwave) is more prevalent I will upgrade the phone