Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Help me name my new puppy

Mass Effect

Took my recyclables off to the dump today and found a little black puppy. He was real friendly and the guy that tends to the site said it turned up there 3 days ago. He'd been trying to get people to take it home but hadn't had any success, until now. :D

I'd say he/she is about 3-4 weeks old. Not sure of what breed it is but it's all black with floppy ears. Some kind of Labrador mix maybe? :confused:

I'd like to give him a name but I suck at naming pets.I need suggestions on a good name for it.

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about either "Laika" or "Gatton" but both of those bring to mind things coming to an unfortunate end...

ellwood,

Blackie, in honor of EC's Strat, would be great but I already had a cat named that. Had her for a long time so it's going to have to be something different.

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Slash > Carlton

Originally posted by Haga:

I was thinking about either "Laika" or "Gatton" but both of those bring to mind things coming to an unfortunate end...

ellwood,

Blackie, in honor of EC's Strat, would be great but I already had a cat named that. Had her for a long time so it's going to have to be something different.

You could name him "Old Black" after Neil Young's black Les Paul.

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by LPCustom:

My favorite name for black lab; Bucky.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/1074.gif

I think Bucky will do just fine. Way to go LP!

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Slash > Carlton

How 'bout Onyx, if you aren't 100% set on Bucky?

I love animals in general, and dogs in particular. No one will convince me that there's no signifigance to what Dog spells backwards; it's down to a matter of mutual admiration as far as I'm concerned. That's my story, and I'm stickin' with it.

By the way, have you figured out if it's a male or female yet? (It's, uh, not too hard...) ;):D

And we want pics! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Haga:

Originally posted by LPCustom:

My favorite name for black lab; Bucky.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/1074.gif

I think Bucky will do just fine. Way to go LP!

Congrats on finding a dog and a name and congrats to Bucky on finding a home and a guitar player owner. :thu:

I'm a Jack London fan and always liked the name Buck for a dog. His was part labrador too, I think.

That would be Bucky as in Bucky Pizzarelli, right?

I'd say he/she is about 3-4 weeks old. Not sure of what breed it is but it's all black with floppy ears. Some kind of Labrador mix maybe?

You should probably determine the sex of the puppy before deciding on a name! I mean, Ralph probably wouldn't be a good name if he is a she. :)

Archived