Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hartke guitar 4x10 cab

Darklava

http://www.wholenote.com/store/product.asp?sku=EM.HCZC410&nav=m

I'm looking at one of these to put under my Vibrolux

what do you guys think 4x10 or 4x12?

179.00 for the 4x10 w/Celestion®, Good write ups

on Hc.Has any one tride the Hartke Amps?

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SamAsh.com has that for $179. I'm still looking for specs that say what Celestions they are. Even the samsontech website doesn't say. Since the only other Celestions I know of that are 10 inchers are about $80 each and the Tube 10s are bout $40 each, these are probably Tube 10s. I might buy one of those myself to hook to my Peavey Classic 50.

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by Darklava:

http://www.wholenote.com/store/product.asp?sku=EM.HCZC410&nav=m

I looking at one of these to put under my Vibrolux

what do you guys think 4x10 or 4x12?

249.00 for the 4x10 w/Celestion®, Good write ups

on Hc.Has any one tride the Hartke Amps?

Is this something that you need? If so, consider the THD extension cabinet. I bought one, and Miles has said that it is a really sweet box. It obviously ain't that cheap, but it won't break the bank and it is a known quantity. I'm pretty unimpressed with Hartke bass cabs, never heard their guitarcab.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

I think it'd give you even more "SRV" bigness, and overall volume.

You lookin' to run the Vibrolux's internal 2x10's, AND the extension cab, at the same time? That's how I'd run 'em, so that you'd get the ambient spread of the open-back Fender cab, and the kickin' extended depth and tight focus of the closed-back Hartke.

THUMP!!

The old Hartke guitar cabs that had the aluminum speaker cones were great, as long as you liked the aluminum speaker sound. (They were very tight and clean, with serious stompin' slammin' tight bass thrust capabilities.) These should be good, too, with a warmer, more traditional breakup for guitar.

So, 4x10 or 4x12, eh? What are you looking for?

I think I'd go with the 12's, my experience with similar cabs and amps with 10's and 12's being the only real difference has shown that the 12's often have more of a sparkly swirl, but you may prefer the tighter focus and spankier punch of the 10's.

(The above comparisons were made with Fender 4x10 and 2x12 combos, identical other than their cab-size and speakers.)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

You know I was looking at the 4x12 first until

I seen the 4x10,I like the idea of the sparkly

swirl though,but the tighter focus sounds good too.4x12 could come in handy for the boogie.

THD 2X12 looks great but thats a little out of my range.

"SRV" bigness, and overall volume
Caevan your reading my mind...u r the man. :thu:
The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

DL,

How much does that sucker weigh? Are you going to use it for gigs or keep it at home? Seems you were the man bemoaning the weight of your old Messa weren't you? That thing could be a back breaker!

Once I thought I saw you, in a crowded, hazy, bar........

Originally posted by BriBaby:

DL,

How much does that sucker weigh? Are you going to use it for gigs or keep it at home? Seems you were the man bemoaning the weight of your old Messa weren't you? That thing could be a back breaker!

I had a 5150 that was heavy,but the Mesa is jus right.The 4x10 is 47lbs.

Originally posted by Darklava:

Originally posted by BriBaby:

DL,

I had a 5150 that was heavy,but the Mesa is jus right.The 4x10 is 47lbs.
That's right you did say it was the 5150....Hmmm 47lbs doesn't sound that heavy as long as you have the space for it in the buggy.

Once I thought I saw you, in a crowded, hazy, bar........

Archived