Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Medium

spiral light

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halfway between two extremes. Not hot, not cold, just medium.

"Oh mediocre, it's in there between good and bad, and once you you've been there, you won't believe, what an average time you had".

from "Ramada Inn",

by Randy Stonehill

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Very first response? "Medium" gauge strings ("13s")!

Upon noticing the "OT" designation in the topic-title? A "Medium" as in a person who allegedly communicates with the spiritual realm of being in one fashion or another and conveys iformation from such to mere corporeal mortals.

Whyd'ya ask?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by bpark@prorec.com:

as in 'gel'. I used to use it when I was a painter.

Bill

This can also refer to the actual "vehicle" an artist uses to transpose his artistic dabbling into a concrete, viewable object. (Or in the case of music, an audible one).

For painters, medium can refer to the type of paint. Oil, acrylic, water etc. For a sculptor, your medium would be rock or maybe clay. Each art form has it's own set of mediums.

Originally posted by A String Of Lights:

Originally posted by bpark@prorec.com:

as in 'gel'. I used to use it when I was a painter.

Bill

This can also refer to the actual "vehicle" an artist uses to transpose his artistic dabbling into a concrete, viewable object. (Or in the case of music, an audible one).

For painters, medium can refer to the type of paint. Oil, acrylic, water etc. For a sculptor, your medium would be rock or maybe clay. Each art form has it's own set of mediums.

All true, but "Gel Medium" is a very specific thing.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

I suppose the next question would be, "What do you think it is?" spiral light.

Yesterday it was medium as in the context of an artistic medium (someone above mentioned the same), today it would have to be the spiritual meaning since I read a chunk of this book last night. My wife also posted the same question on a forum she co-habits.
www.windhamhill.com - Shameless Advertising!

Originally posted by spiral light:

I suppose the next question would be, "What do you think it is?" spiral light.

Yesterday it was medium as in the context of an artistic medium (someone above mentioned the same), today it would have to be the spiritual meaning since I read a chunk of this book last night. My wife also posted the same question on a forum she co-habits.
This is the wrong forum to ask...you've got to go to the project studio forum. I hear Yoda hangs there, he knows all there is about The Force ;)
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Small.

This is primarily due to fast food & pizza restaurants. Remember when there was "Small", "Medium" and "Large"? Somewhere along the line it became "Medium", "Large", and "Extra Large". :evil:

When I order a "large" pizza, I want the big one!! :mad:

(As you've probably guessed, I very recently ran into this exact problem :rolleyes: ).

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by NMcGuitar:

Small.

This is primarily due to fast food & pizza restaurants. Remember when there was "Small", "Medium" and "Large"? Somewhere along the line it became "Medium", "Large", and "Extra Large". :evil:

When I order a "large" pizza, I want the big one!! :mad:

(As you've probably guessed, I very recently ran into this exact problem :rolleyes: ).

The size change in pizzas didn't annoy me quite as much as the shockingly sudden lack of cheese. Anyway, I suppose that's neither here nor there...

I thought this was going to be a thread about your trip to the psychic who told you you would be a rock star some day!

Didja hear about the midget psychic who robbed her customers while they were hypnotized? They almost arrested her, but she got away. So the cops but out a warning that there was...

wait for the payoff ;)

A small medium at large! :D

Originally posted by billster:

I thought this was going to be a thread about your trip to the psychic who told you you would be a rock star some day!

Didja hear about the midget psychic who robbed her customers while they were hypnotized? They almost arrested her, but she got away. So the cops but out a warning that there was...

wait for the payoff ;)

A small medium at large! :D

A bit more time to play would suffice! Good joke though.

zzzzazzAzaswswxxx (That was my 11 month old daughters first foray on the forum, looks like she's moved on to the piano now)

zzzzazzAzaswswxxx (That was my 11 month old daughters first foray on the forum, looks like she's moved on to the piano now)

Wow! They do grow fast! Eleven months old already? Ours is 4 and a half months now...Seems like it was only yesterday that I was posting here and telling everyone about her being born. So how is life with an eleven month old? Any advice on the up coming months?

Wow! They do grow fast! Eleven months old already? Ours is 4 and a half months now...Seems like it was only yesterday that I was posting here and telling everyone about her being born. So how is life with an eleven month old? Any advice on the up coming months?
First of all I have to confess that it was a bit of a mistake letting her type, she's going to want to do it all the time now and my wife spends more time here than I do, looking after her during the day....

You're in for a great time the next few months as she becomes more aware and responsive. Right now Izzy is saying a few basic words (baa when she sees a sheep, pop for her frozen teething ring, etc) and very interested in books. Her favorite is a book about hands in which she copies the picture by putting both arms in the air every time she sees it. She is also showing affection more often now by doing her version of hugging (putting her head next to yours or by trying to bite your nose - this has ben happening for a few months now but more-often now). She has been crawling for a while, walking isn't too far away and she plonks on the piano a lot too. She can recognize i-Tunes when it opens and gets excited as she has learned to associate it with music (to which she dances. I'll see about posting some pics either here or pm'ing them to you.

(BTW my wife loves your avatar, she's been saying we should get a photo like that too)

Archived