Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

little bit of spam...

BillWelcome Home Studios

I trust that the moderators will remove this if it is inappropriate...

I've posted a bunch of rock crew shirts on ebay... everything from AC/DC, Kiss, Sabbath, and Metalica to Phish, Cher, and Enrique Eiglesias. XLs, never worn. (I'm a large, not an XL...)

Also up for sale are my 1965 Beatles tour jacket and 1987 Who tour jacket.

Cleaning out the attic. After the shirts, I'll be losing some of the amps.

We now return you to your regularly cheduled newsgroup....

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by miroslav:

...might as well jump in with both feet and actually provide us with the links to the eBay items. :thu:

Nahh... that's -too- tacky. Besides, there's 48 of them.

But can't you search ebay by seller? Bill-Park

Otherwise, just go to the Beatles tour jacket (can't be too many of them around...) and then click on 'view sellers other auctions'.

Hey, but thanks for asking! :)

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Originally posted by bpark@prorec.com:

...there's 48 of them.

But can't you search ebay by seller? Bill-Park

DAMN...48 items!!!...I guess you really are cleaning out the attic. :D

OK...so "Bill-Park" is your eBay Seller ID...that makes it easy to find the items!!!

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

O.K., Bill; what amps are headed for the block?

I'll need a few days with the Goblin to see what is what, but almost assuredly the Fender Super Reverb with the Fender Special Design speakers, factory casters, pull-on Master Volume. Maybe the mid 60s Bandmaster. Probably the '52 Fender Champion 600. The entire Silvertone collection. The Ampge SB-25 flip-top, the G&K bass amp, the Roland Cube, the 2x10 Marshall....

Bill

Steve Martin

you call spam?? :eek:

Ibanez SZ520QMBB loaded w/ Seymour Duncan Super Distortion Humbucker

Ibanez RG7420BP (looking for an EMG 707)

Marshall MG50DFX

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/ForeverSilent004/my6.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/ForeverSilent004/my7.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/ForeverSilent004/myamp.jpg

"I'd rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in." -Refused

Originally posted by Bastard_Kid_Kris:

you call spam?? :eek:

Beatutiful face on that guitar.

Yeah, I think that any time someone is hawking something, it is spam. We get enough ads crammed down our throats. I also think that we are our own little community, and there is nothing wrong with a little promotion among the 'family'.

But it is also a thin line, and a subjective one.

Bill

Steve Martin

I dunno bill, seems like some of the prices you have listed are a little steep, but what do I know........ nothing :(;)

The forumite formerly known as Cooper.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will finally know peace." Jimi Hendrix

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." Jimi Hendrix

Originally posted by Reverse the Curse:

I dunno bill, seems like some of the prices you have listed are a little steep, but what do I know........ nothing :(;)

Fair enough. I really know nothing about selling tshirts on ebay, so I asked someone who does it all the time, and they said "Start at $10." Understand that these are the roadie/crew shirts, not the kind that you can generally buy.

The price on the Dead shirt was $100 less than what Bobby Taylor (the guy in the picture on the Dead shirt) told me that they were selling for on ebay.

As to the Who posters.... the two that I sold a couple of years ago got almost $500 each.

So, I'm not really trying to get more than what I know the products are worth from the posters and jackets, and if I am too high on the shirts and they don't sell, I'll give them to my relatives, who will be thrilled to get them. (Except that Dead shirt. I'll put it in the closet for another five or ten years...)

So, what -is- fair for crew shirts?? I've got another four or five bags full in the attic.

Bill

Steve Martin

Archived