Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction

DON'T DISS ZENYATTA MONDATTA! :mad: ;) :D That's the album that introduced me to The Police. My 8th grade year we lived in Frankfurt, Germany. The international school I attended was 15 miles away, and a bus picked us up every morning. Between the distance and the numerous stops we had [i]a lot[/i] of time on that bus. One of the older, highschool kids would bring a boom box and the bus driver let him play music in the back. Zenyatta Mondatta was his favorite new album and we listened to it most everyday. Now don't get me wrong, there are some esoteric, hard to get into songs on that album, but it also had, "Da Do Do Do, De Da Da Da", "When The World Is Running Down,You Make The Best Of What's Still Around", "Driven To Tears", "Canary In A Coal Mine", "Bombs Away", "Man In A Suitcase", and, of course "Don't Stand So Close To Me". 7 of 11's not a bad statistic, especially in that era. The other songs were quirky... hard to get comfortable with easily. But since when did punk rockers want there music to be "comfortable"? ;) We don't have cable, so I missed the induction. :(

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Seamus O'Tedster: [b]Watched the show. Was cool. A little rough at times...Sting sounded like he was reaching for the notes a bit...and he bowed out of the "Put on the red light" chorus bit in "Roxanne" (the highest notes in the song). [/b][/quote]He always had problems doing Roxanne... I thought he got around it really well, he maneuvered defly about it without sounding too strained or too "uhg, I missed that note".. The only thing I was disappointed in was Summers skimping on the ninths in _Every Breath_... As far as his tone goes, he's always had a pretty pushed lower-treble sound... sounded more distorted, I would suspect he was using some Marshall that was laying around that was either modded or a new one, and he didn't realize that, spun the knobs up - and it came out more saturated than he normally used.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

[quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b] The only thing I was disappointed in was Summers skimping on the ninths in _Every Breath_... [/b][/quote]He didn't play the tres cool guitar riff? That's what makes that tune. What did he do, arppegiate barre chords?? :eek:

[quote]Originally posted by Sal O'lando: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b] The only thing I was disappointed in was Summers skimping on the ninths in _Every Breath_... [/b][/quote]He didn't play the tres cool guitar riff? That's what makes that tune. What did he do, arppegiate barre chords?? :eek: [/b][/quote]He sorta pedaled the power chord, occasionally putting it in... His sound was more distorted than I think he expected it to be, so maybe he left it out since he wasn't sure how clear it would sound.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

I finally saw most of the show yesterday. I'll get to the rest of it on tape later. I'd expect Billy Joel to be funny, but Elton John was, as he would have put it, a fucking riot. So, if The Police can kiss and make up just for the event, what was up with Elvis Costello dredging up the well known bad blood with Bruce Thomas and not performing with him? It was a crime to play "What's So Funny About Peace, Love and Understanding" without Bruce himself laying down those killer bass lines. Damn, that band sounded great behind the Righteous Brothers.

Archived