Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's Play- NAME THAT GUITAR!

BiC

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

HAS GOOD QUALITY TONE
With only three strings too
I KNOW!!! That's hilarious! :D

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

i name thee..BOB!

HAHA!! :D

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Yeah, laugh all ya want, guys, but I'd bet a good bit of us had a very first guitar just like, or at least very similar to that.

And if not us, I'd bet a lot of our idols cut their teeth on instruments exactly like that. You'd be shocked if you ran into an elderly lady named Mrs. Vai, and she took a look at that guitar and said "Why, that's the guitar I bought for my son little Stevie when he was six". :D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

Yeah, laugh all ya want, guys, but I'd bet a good bit of us had a very first guitar just like, or at least very similar to that.

And if not us, I'd bet a lot of our idols cut their teeth on instruments exactly like that. You'd be shocked if you ran into an elderly lady named Mrs. Vai, and she took a look at that guitar and said "Why, that's the guitar I bought for my son little Stevie when he was six". :D

YEP!!! I still have my VERY first guitar. It is a Bently acoustic. :thu:

Got it for Christmas around 1983.

Pretty wild... I found one on Ebay which I believe is the same model I have:

CLICK

Interesting test. It looks like those are Kluson 3 a side tuners and those are a sign of something better and the fretboard is a choice chunk o wood. Its' lines are simple and the finish is very heavy. This was well built and perhaps too well built for a production guitar in some sense and the overspray into the sound hole suggests it was a kit.

Kit guitar with a serial number? :freak:

Serial numbers don't match anything I know of and the 3 bolt neck is indicative of some older diy plans and kits.

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

This is quite similar to my first guitar ever:

http://home.mia.net/~phaeton/avatar/norma.jpg

....except mine only has the neck pickup, not the "center" pickup. Knobs and potentiometer shafts are long gone, it was rewired pickup-->jack years before i got it. I think i paid $20 for it.

Same color, same condition. I painted "NOT" in the upper frets (because I used to idolize Scott Ian from Anthrax).

It actually has a very interesting tone. Kinda thick and woody, but not at all something you'd use for thrashmetal :D

Someone took a slide to it once and it sounded amazing- almost like a lap steel. I still have it- it is over at my parent's house.

Hey Tedster, check out where i snagged that pic from:

loads and loads of stuff from the 60s and 70s.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Cool site, Phaeton...I think I've been on the "Italia" page.

My first guitar was a 1/2 size acoustic with no name, it was made in Germany. My first electric was a canoe-paddle Kingston...red with one pickup.. extremely cheap and cheezy.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by BiC:

Pretty wild... I found one on Ebay which I believe is the same model I have:

CLICK

But that one is a pretty ordinary looking guitar compared to that first pic....which looked like a beginners guitar made in the 1950s or 1960s!

Axe, I speak a very butchered Mandarin. Studied it for three years, spent a month there, had some Chinese friends. It's rusty. I don't read and write hanzi (or pinyin, for that matter) very well at all any more, but I can keep from embarrassing myself at a party usually. I'm better in Spanish, but worse in Arabic.

I keep meaning to start studying Chinese again, because I think it is helping with my job search. Once I get employment that will help with education, I think I'm going to start my classes again.

You're Chinese, I'm guessing from the domain name? Which part of the Middle Kingdom are you in?

http://www.myrareguitars.com/tokaiSGup.jpgDemo price 299.00 whats this all about?

I'll take it! http://www.smileytown.com/content/emot/exct0004.gif

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

HAS GOOD QUALITY TONE
With only three strings too
LOL :D

I didn't even read that description!

WILL NEED A COUPLE OF STRINGS

HAS GOOD QUALITY TONE

You can kind of picture the simple bastard picking it up and hitting a Dm and thinking it sound just beautiful. But perhaps it could use a couple of additional strings to get the full sonic experience.

Well BiC.... what the heck is it? :confused:

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

idk u guys, im thinkin of gettin it. Only have 1 guitar, so i need to start my collection, and I am flat broke cause I dont have a job yet. If I do get it, I'll keep those three strings on there forever ;)

The forumite formerly known as Cooper.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will finally know peace." Jimi Hendrix

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." Jimi Hendrix

Archived