Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

hollow body Strat?

Blue Strat

Has anyone tried one of the semi-hollow Strat bodies that Warmoth makes? Does it change the tone enough to justify buying one? What does it sound like?

The only hollow body I own as of now (except for my Ovation and Yamaha acoustics) is a Danelectro 59-DC. Not known for a creamy, B. B. King type sound. :(

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by bluestrat:

Has anyone tried one of the semi-hollow Strat bodies that Warmoth makes? Does it change the tone enough to justify buying one? What does it sound like?

The only hollow body I own as of now (except for my Ovation and Yamaha acoustics) is a Danelectro 59-DC. Not known for a creamy, B. B. King type sound. :(

I put one on an American Deluxe strat recently and I like it alot. It made the tone open up a bit...made the guitar considerably more responsive.

-Steve

-----------------------------------

Sometimes ya gotta find out what it ain't, to find out what it is...

evets- what kind(s) of wood izzatt Warmoth bod made of? What all options didja go with there?

bluestrat- whatcha got cookin'?

Say, how'd you make out on that lap-steel project?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

http://img11.photobucket.com/albums/v35/mdog114/Surf_Green_002.jpg

I put this together last year. It's chambered with a Warmoth construction 1.75" width@nut Maple/RW neck.

PUs are SD apsII for neck/middle and Lil' 59 bridge. 500k linear volume 250k audio tones.

The guitar seems to be more resonant than stock. It's a hardtail so that may add to this feeling. The guitar feels like it shakes in your hands when you strum it. Acoustically, it projects nicely and when it's plugged in, it seems more focused in the mid-range.

It still gets all the stock Strat sounds, but it seems to be more "in your face".

Go for it! You won't be dissapointed.

"Never back-up more than you have to"

REAL MEN PLAY TELECASTERS!

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

Yummm

Hardtail even :thu:

now if it only had a maple fingerboard :D

Yes maple.....Is that hanging on the wall or

laying on a table,cool wall hanger

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

bluestrat- whatcha got cookin'?

Say, how'd you make out on that lap-steel project?

The lap-steel is done except for the "fretboard". It plays pretty good, but I need to do a couple more things to it and haven't had a break yet to work on it. :mad:

I should be getting my first paycheck next week from my new job, and after I pay my bills I can start saving for the next project.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

It's laying on my kitchen counter.

The other benefit to these things are weight. The guitar body is less than 4Lbs.

I have two other Fender Strats, one of them (maple neck)weighs more than my Les Paul!

I love them all, but this Warmoth is growing on me big-time, and I'm really a Tele-man.

"Never back-up more than you have to"

REAL MEN PLAY TELECASTERS!

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

evets- what kind(s) of wood izzatt Warmoth bod made of? What all options didja go with there?

It's got a maple top on an alder body, top routed. Beautiful piece of wood. I hated to put a pickguard on it!

-Steve

-----------------------------------

Sometimes ya gotta find out what it ain't, to find out what it is...

Archived