Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Dead w/ Warren Haynes on Leno tonight

Randy Combs

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

izzit me or is warren haynes overexposed?

i mean i like his guitarrin and stuff but-

he sings for:

govt. mule

allman bros.

the dead

phil lesh&friends

solo acoustic

and probably more.

i call that saturatin the airwaves.

at best he is a mediocre, generic bluesrock singa(for me anyway)

s :cool:

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

He also layed down alot of guitar work on Chris Robinson's New Earth Mud. He is the hot guitarist right now and well deservedly so.

BriBaby I noticed your signature, it's from Neil Young's "Like A Hurricane", I still play that song at gigs, I love that tune, thanks for having that as your sig.

Randy Combs originally posted:

BriBaby I noticed your signature, it's from Neil Young's "Like A Hurricane", I still play that song at gigs, I love that tune, thanks for having that as your sig.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank YOU for mentioning it!

Great gig tune, we do it too. Crowd loves it, I love it, 2nd guitar player loves it, could jam on that progression for days.......

Once I thought I saw you, in a crowded, hazy, bar........

What song did they play?

Did they waste a lot of time with doofus-interviews, and put 'em on at the very end, like they shamefully did with B.B. and Jeff?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Randy Combs:

On The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Tuesday July 20, The Dead with Warren Haynes will be performing. Just a head's up.

So, is Haynes done with the Allman Brothers?

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

Did they waste a lot of time with doofus-interviews, and put 'em on at the very end, like they shamefully did with B.B. and Jeff?

Yes, I was quite dissapointed with that. No wonder Jeff feels uncomfortable with those TV shows!

It may be just me, but I never saw anything really great in Warren Haynes. I got the Allman Bros. DVD and much preferred and enjoyed Derek Trucks' tasteful and melodic solos (not saying that Haynes isn't those things).

Just my 2¢

"I look for whatever will cut the deepest... whammy bars and wah wah pedals can't be used as just gimmicks. They have to reflect and express your feelings." - Jeff Beck

they did "touch of grey"-their one 'hit'.

i tell ya bobby weir is lookin more like jer w/ every passing grey hair-full beard and singin that song...all he has to do is gain a coupla hundred-

warrenhaynes returns to allmans after this dead tour is what i read somewhere.

s :cool:

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

The Allmans are going on a short tour soon and Warren will be with them and then he will tour with Gov't Mule. Check out the DVD "The Deepest End" with 2 cd's it's a great package. The DVD is awesome. To me Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa are the 2 best guitarists going today.

Originally posted by strat monk:

Yes, I was quite dissapointed with that. No wonder Jeff feels uncomfortable with those TV shows!

It may be just me, but I never saw anything really great in Warren Haynes. I got the Allman Bros. DVD and much preferred and enjoyed Derek Trucks' tasteful and melodic solos (not saying that Haynes isn't those things).

Just my 2¢

I really enjoy watching Haynes and Trucks play together. They got it goin on.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

What song did they play?

They played, "Touch of Grey".

It was alright .

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Archived