Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Concert for George

Shannon

I got the concert for George DVD for my birthday. I watched it last night for the first time. sniffle :cry: sniffle It was very good. I know I'm a couple years late but I don't get stuff like that often. Just wanted to share.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Shannon:

I got the concert for George DVD for my birthday. I watched it last night for the first time. sniffle :cry: sniffle It was very good. I know I'm a couple years late but I don't get stuff like that often. Just wanted to share.

Don't feel to bad about your belated viewing, I have still to watch it! :freak:

Here is the reason...

-A String goes into the store.

-seeing the George Harrison DVD, he picks it up.

-seeing the outrageous price tag and thinking of all of the other things he could do with that money, (Like buy food etc.) he puts the DVD down.

-He gets home and wishes he had bought the DVD.

-20 goto 10

first of all love the avatar :D Second yeah I know what you mean thats why I never bought it before but I was grocery shopping at wal mart with my mom and she spotted it... $20 I said oooh I want that and she said Happy Birthday :cool:

That's OK if you're seeing it late, it just gives us a new excuse to rave about that film! DAMN it's good. Nobody's ego got in the way (amazing considering some of the personalities present), everyone's performance was completely inspired, it was a completely fitting tribute to everything George loved (from Ravi Shankar to Monty Python to ukeleles to passionately played rock'n'roll), the sound and production were great, in short, nothing about it sucked in any way! I expected it to be mildly entertaining but it went WAY beyond my expectations. Well worth 20 bucks even if you have to eat Ramen for a week - this stuff is real food for the soul, and no empty calories.

Anoushka was awesome too, I've never seen her perform before. It's so inspiring, to me, to see someone play well on the sitar. It looks like a very difficult intstrument to play but those who've mastered it make it look so graceful and sound other-worldly. I agree Lee, terrific experience all around. I do reccomend getting the DVD because although the theatre version has good backstage tid bits and interviews, the dvd has that on one disc and the full concert on the other, the whole thing is worth the $20 by far.

I guess being in the UK does have some advantages after all. You guys get half price guitars and amps, we've been lucky enough to be treated to a free BBC broadcast of the concert on a few occasions(!)

It's an incredible collection of talent performing an even more incredible collection of songs. I do wish Clapton wouldn't have used that putrid colour of Strat though!

Any of you folks see Paul McCartney perform at the Glastonbury Festival this past weekend? I won't pretend you missed much, other than the nostalgia, it seemed a lackluster performance. We got almost 8 hours live music coverage per day from the site, free on digital BBC! Now that's what I call MTV!

Tea.

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

I'll have to check that out in the near future; thanks, Shannon!

Caev,

You, of all peaople, haven't seen this yet :cry::eek:

Just the best music DVD made to date, that's all :thu:

This is about the 4th time its come up on this forum. For God's sake, get off the Internet and listen to the music, man :D;)

Originally posted by WaterMan:

I'll have to check that out in the near future; thanks, Shannon!

Caev,

You, of all peaople, haven't seen this yet :cry::eek:

Just the best music DVD made to date, that's all :thu:

This is about the 4th time its come up on this forum. For God's sake, get off the Internet and listen to the music, man :D;)

"LOL"! :D:cool:

Thanks for the concern!

I'm playing my guitars right now, and have loads of quirky and eclectic (and GOOD) music on my hard-drive that I often listen to; much of it from or clued to me by this forum!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by antimatter:

"It's too bad the Lennon clan didn't partake. Life is too short."

Yoko's such a drag, doubtless she had a lot to do with that...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

My wife bought this DVD for me a few weeks ago. We've watched the first half and a few songs from the second, but I've let it completely slip my mind to watch the rest. :freak:

At least I know what's good on my tv tonight! ;)

(Doh! Have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday, between Denise working late and my inlaws coming in for a few days. :(

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

It really is a fantastic DVD. I've had it for a while, and every once in a while I watch it (or, more often parts of it) when I need a mental/emotional boost.

It would be worth the money at three times the price!! :thu:

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by antimatter:

"It's too bad the Lennon clan didn't partake. Life is too short."

Yoko's such a drag, doubtless she had a lot to do with that...
I dunno...what could either Julian or Sean Lennon, much less Yoko, have added?

I'd be more interested in hearing some other, non-traditional additions.

P M Dawn cut a version of some Harrison tune many years ago. & Prince is said to've burned the house down with his version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at the most recent Rock Hall of Fame show.

Anybody see that or know where it might be obtained ?

It was shown recently on TV in Australia.

I loved it, except for the Hanks/monty Python stuff...

Pity, I love the Circus...but, uh I dont know...

Does George's son look totally like him or WHAT?

How can we fight ignorance and apathy?

Who knows! Who cares!

Archived