Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My new geetar ...

Sylver

So, a late reported X-mas gift ...

A Gretsch Sierra Jumbo http://www.gretschguitars.com/repository/gretsch/images/G3700-12_md.jpg

'Cept it's a six string. Great tone unamplified, Fishman electronics, amazing action.

Only thing is, it doesn't know whether it's an acoustic or a jazz box. Ok, so it's no arch, but it cost about a fifth of the price of the Gretsch archtops. Next stop, maybe the "Sylver" Falcon:

http://www.gretschguitars.com/repository/gretsch/images/G6136SL_md.jpg

I really don't know what to put here.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! Cool looking axe! I'd want the twelve, though!

The new/non-vintage Gretsches that I'd most want from the guitar fairy would be the Elliott Easton model (in dark green with gold hardware and a Bigsby) and a two-pickup Malcolm Young model. Both would likely see some T.V. Jones Filter'Tron stylees at some point.

And I'd love an original Round-Up, with the "belt-buckle" tailpiece and the single-coils.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

OOOOHHHH! I love those Gretsch Jumbos. Fine sounding and playing on every one I've demoed. Damn things are out of my price range right now but what a sweet instrument.

:thu:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

Have you named 'er yet?

I was kinda thinkin' about going with "The Acoustic" . The Strat, The Tele, The Fretless and The Urge all concur. I had to change The Fender to The Strat after the Tele came along, so if I get another acoustic, I will have to change the naming convention.

:D

Thanks all. New instruments are always great, aren't they?

I always seem to run into the ones that "call to me" (to quote Tedster) just as the $$ magically appears to get them. It doesn't happen often, but when it happens I usually seem to end up happy with the instrument.

Man, am I jealous. I pick one of those up every time I go to Guitar Center and always regret having to leave it behind. However, my wife would kill me if I dropped 5 to 6 bills on that bee-yoo-tee-full Gretsch when we're living from paycheck to paycheck (and, I hate to admit it, she would be right to do so).

Originally posted by Sylver:

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

Have you named 'er yet?

I was kinda thinkin' about going with "The Acoustic" . The Strat, The Tele, The Fretless and The Urge all concur. I had to change The Fender to The Strat after the Tele came along, so if I get another acoustic, I will have to change the naming convention.

:D

So, The Sierra hadn't occured to you, Sylver?? ;):D

Great catch!

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Congrats, Sylver!

It's always a great feeling to get a new guitar.

I've had my new baby for a couple of weeks now, and the feeling hasn't quite worn off yet.

Regarding the naming... There's no rule that says an axe can't have more than one name. For example, my strat is both "The Strat" and "Kathryn". My new guitar is "Brigid", a.k.a. "the Ibanez", a.k.a. "The New One".

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Yooose guy keep bumping this thread so you can keep seeing my sexy new guitar, doncha?

I dunno, I think I'm running out of naming ideas.

I have wrench named Monica, a belt sander named Sandy, and a sweet cordless drill that answers to Belinda. I still have a few dozen screw drivers, power tools and garden tools to name before I get to the guitar. ;)

Originally posted by Sylver:

Yooose guy keep bumping this thread so you can keep seeing my sexy new guitar, doncha?

I dunno, I think I'm running out of naming ideas.

BUMR?

;)

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Archived