Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I didn't know that...

Guitar Geezer

The first time that future Led Zeppelin members Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and John Bonham ever played together was as studio musicians, backing Donovan on his 1968 hit, "Hurdy Gurdy Man". A hurdy-gurdy is actually a stringed instrument in which the strings are rubbed by a rosined wheel instead of a bow.
:D

source

Lynn G

Lynn G

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew that JP and JPJ had both played some sessions together, but I'm pretty sure that Robert Plant introduced JP to John Bonham. I think that Plant and Bonzo had played together in a band.

Jimmy Page first wanted the singer from another established band, who's manager got wind of it and sent him a telegram asking Jimmy, "How'd you boys like a band with NO FINGERS?" !!

Jimmy hastily reconsidered... ! :freak::D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

"I took a quick look in the mirror..." http://www.jimi-hendrix.com/images/promo_berkeley.gif

:cool:

Hey, DARKLAVA, I look like a lefty when I look in the mirror with my guitar, too!

I don't look quite as cool as you do, though... !

"I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me..." ;):thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I've heard something about David Hasselhoff selling more records than Elvis in Germany.. :eek: Don't know if it's true, but the Germans do buy everything that goes from Finland over there, even if it sucks, so it could be possible. :)

- Bob Freebird

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Archived