Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do you ever foresee a time when...

Tedster

I remember mid-70's I had a Creastline les paul

copy,and a Vantage lp copy,both really nice

guitars.Wish I still had them.Anybody remember

Crestline or vantage?

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lynng - guitar geezer:

Originally posted by JesusChrysler:

I remember mid-70's I had a Creastline les paul

copy,and a Vantage lp copy,both really nice

guitars.Wish I still had them.Anybody remember

Crestline or vantage?

Funny you should mention it:'just saw this on ebay

Vantage 635

Hmmmmmmmmmm :idea:

Nice guitar!You buying?p.s How come I can't

seem to pull up any guitar's on e-bay?What

am I doing wrong?I'll put in gibson sg,and

it will only show me picks,posters,ect ect

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

[QB]Nice guitar!You buying?p.s How come I can't

Go for It, i'm just watching to see if it's a steal at the end (SIGH..probably not).

For ebay I've bookmarked the Musical instrument directory.. then go (on the left side) to Guitars > Electric - when that loads - pick out the specific brand - or OTHER).

Of course you're gonna get all of those picks and ads and towels etc (couse a lot of those guys put all kinda CRAP in the description - which kinda messes up the search!

But anyway, Feel free to try the 365. (I'm kinda hoping for an Ibanez Artcore for Chrismas :rolleyes: )

Lynn G

http://www.teamtatham.com/lynntest/girl156.gif

Lynn G

Originally posted by lynng - guitar geezer:

[QB]Nice guitar!You buying?p.s How come I can't

Go for It, i'm just watching to see if it's a steal at the end (SIGH..probably not).

For ebay I've bookmarked the Musical instrument directory.. then go (on the left side) to Guitars > Electric - when that loads - pick out the specific brand - or OTHER).

Of course you're gonna get all of those picks and ads and towels etc (couse a lot of those guys put all kinda CRAP in the description - which kinda messes up the search!

But anyway, Feel free to try the 365. (I'm kinda hoping for an Ibanez Artcore for Chrismas :rolleyes: )

Lynn G

http://www.teamtatham.com/lynntest/girl156.gif

WOW!soon as I seen that

little santa stripper,forgot what I was doing.

Thank's for the help my brother! :wave:

Who knows? I'm kinda hoping nobody notices how much s540's have dropped in value since they were made in 1990. I paid 1400 for my first one brand new, and paid 400 for my second one. It isn't Japanese though. They are actually U.S. built Ibanez guitars. I absolutely love my pointy headstocks and super light construction. The WizardII neck also doesn't hurt.

Reach out and grab a clue.

Something Vicious

My solo crap

Click on the logo below to see where things are already at, at least as far as Ibanez collecting goes...

http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/discus/clipart/board_logo.gif

Whaddyathink, Tedster?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Well, oddly enough the Tokai brand has ben getting alot of attention lately. The are still available new today, but the quality during the 70's and 80's of the Tokai LP and Strat's were very much equalling the American brand name models of the time. In fact, one guitarist best known for using Fenders actually preferred Tokai guitars, and used them quite extensively throughout his career....Stevie Ray Vaughn. He was so impressed with the Tokai's that he offered to be a sponsor. The strat pictured on the cover of "Texas Flood" is not a Fender, it is a Tokai, but the name has been removed from the headstock. DOn't worry, the "one" was made from Fender parts, were not gonna go there.

'Preciate the site, Caveman. Of course, being as I just bought one, I'm interested in the Talman.

BTW...THAT MOTHER SCREAMS! I plugged it in to my trusty Marshall TSL-122 and had at it. Man, oh man...it's a killer guitar!

Another foreign (Japanese made) guitar I have that may be collectible at some point is this:

http://count.23.dhs.org/pics/gear/washburn_a20_08.JPG

The Washburn A-20...only mine is cherry sunburst with a Tiger Maple top. These are actually getting rather hard to find on eBay. Very interesting "V" shaped neck on these things. I find it quite comfy, although some folks don't like it.

BTW...there's a great article in this month's GP on SRV's "One"...and how Jimmy Vaughan allowed some Fender techs to scrutinize it to re-create their limited edition of it. Whether you agree or not with the philosophy of creating replicas of famous guitars, it's still an interesting read.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Well, between Tokai and Ibanez, we're well past "foreseeing a time" and now seeing the time! How 'bout that? Time Traveling Guitar Fiends of the Information Nethernet!! :D

As for the SRV "clones", I'd love to play two or three (I bet there's more variance between them, tonally and "feel" wise, than they'd like you to believe) and see how they are, and compare them to those SRV sig' models. Of course I'd love to get my hands on No. one, as well! But anyone who's going to shell out $10,000.00 for one is a doof! A rich doof, with great tatse (in a way, and in a way not), but a doof.

If you're gonna spend that amount of money, have a totally custom made axe completely personally fit to you and your every nit-picky spec and idea!

More evidence that we're "seeing the day" already...

http://www.guitargai.com/graphics_folder/guitargai_header.jpg

Check out the link above...

Hah! Check out the script-stylization on this Burny "Super Grade" headstock's silk-screened signa- er, I mean, model designation. Look familiar? (The "S" and the "G" look a lot like an "L" and a "P".) The little circular loop on the cursive "r" even echoes the dotted "i" in a Gibson logo. Kinda adds dimension to the term "Lawsuit Model", doesn't it?

http://members.cox.net/othergai/BurnyRLG1204.jpg

Originally posted by gato:

Bunny is a new one for me :rolleyes:

Yeah, I had never heard of them before, either. (Actually, it's "Burny", but I thought it was "Bunny" the first time I saw the logo, too.)

But, judging from the pics on that 'site, they were really well made! The look very much like '50s vintage Gibsons. Moreso than some later Gibsons! The attention to detail seems more a labor of love than an attempted forgery, too!

Whoops, maybe I'll have to take back that bit about not being "attempted forgeries";

What's wrong with this picture?!?

http://members.cox.net/othergai/BurnyLesPaul4.jpg

• 1 year later...

I'll make the prediction that the early, Korean made Squier Strats will become collectors guitars. They're relatively rare and well made guitars.

Hey Blue... what do you mean by "early"?

-and-

Aren't *all* the Squires made in Korea?

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Originally posted by phaeton:

I'll make the prediction that the early, Korean made Squier Strats will become collectors guitars. They're relatively rare and well made guitars.

Hey Blue... what do you mean by "early"?

-and-

Aren't *all* the Squires made in Korea?

I had a 80-81 squire strat that was crap,I can't

see how these guitars are worth anything today.

I was real lucky to pick up a 50th Anniversary Japanese Tele back in college brand new for $300. It's a beautiful axe. It has a nice binding, black hardware, but cheesy gold hardware. These things now sell for $700 on ebay. Here\'s one that is up on ebay and is actually a really good deal considering that it has been refretted. Mine needs a new fret job bad! The original frets were very small and some are almost completely gone now. Jumbo fretz rule :D !

My Squier Strat was made in Korea in '93, and it's a good'un!

Mine was made in Korea in 1991.... Lee Flier says I'm smoking crack, but I think mine's a good'n, too.

When I first bought it, the guy i knew with the Clapton sig strat was very impressed. Another guy that had a standard strat played mine, and then shortly afterwards ran out and bought one. Around that time I was seeing lots of bone stock Standards being played in the clubs and bars alongside Squires that were hot-rodded to hell.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Archived