Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sadowsky Solid Body Nylon String

southpawstrat

Has anybody played one of these? How much did it cost, and is it worth it? If not, what are some other solid body nylon strings that you would recommend?
"I look for whatever will cut the deepest... whammy bars and wah wah pedals can't be used as just gimmicks. They have to reflect and express your feelings." - Jeff Beck

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't played on, but I saw Lee Ritenouer play one in concert and it sounded incredible. I would assume that it's quite expensive given Sadowsky's reputation.

The only builder I know of on a par with that (or possibly even higher) making solid body nylon sting guitars is Kirk Sand. I played one of his guitars for several years and it was easily the best guitar I've ever owned. The only reason I sold it was that I switched to 7 string. Here's a link to his site.

http://www.sandguitars.com/

Thanks for the replies, I'll check those others ones out. Another nylon I've been looking at is the Chet Atkins Epiphone one. It's not solidbody but it looks good. That's probably more in my price range than the Gibson one.
"I look for whatever will cut the deepest... whammy bars and wah wah pedals can't be used as just gimmicks. They have to reflect and express your feelings." - Jeff Beck

IIRC, they sell in the neighborhood of $3000. Occassionally, one of these will show up on eBay and sell for $1800-2200 used.

I visited Roger's shop in Manhattan just before he moved to Brooklyn. While I didn't play a nylon string, I can't imagine not liking it. He's an outstanding builder.

He has a new guitar that looks amazing: a Jim Hall Model hollowbody. Shades of Jimmy D'Aquisto in the styling.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I settled on a used Godin Multiac Nylon for $810. Feels good to me and sounds great through my Blues Jr. Thanks for the help and I'll post pictures of my new baby soon!

Originally posted by strat monk:

Well, I settled on a used Godin Multiac Nylon for $810. Feels good to me and sounds great through my Blues Jr. Thanks for the help and I'll post pictures of my new baby soon!

Good choice and a nice guitar for the money. Try running it through a real acoustic amp some time. You might be really amazed at how good it can sound.

Archived