Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

UPDATE: GT3 PROJECT AND "MIXING & MASTERING" BOOK

First, thanks to those who responded, which was just about everybody. Here's who I plan to include on the companion CD for "Mixing and Mastering with Cubase SX/SL" because a) you've given me permission, and b) I've downloaded your MP3. (I still haven't heard from Halljams or Ken/Eleven Shadows yet. If you guys would like to be a part of the CD, let me know.) Da list: GT3 Kendrix Christopher Kemp DJDM D Gauss Dirty Dog Henchman Hush Josep Tvrdy Lee Flier Milty My Darling Urk 10 20 to 20 D Bunny D Music Maarten Master Zap Paul Berolzheimer Riffing Sal Orlando SoundScape Some of you have already sent a bio, info on home page, any records you've done, etc. Thanks for that. Please, could everyone else send me their bio+info. Up to 250 words is fine but if you're really inspired to do more, I'll try to deal with it. In addition, feel free to include any technical info on the mix, including what software you used. A PM is fine or you can email me direct. I would much prefer you send me a bio rather than have me try to figure out what to extract from your web sites and such. At the moment it looks like the tunes will take about 100 MB or so. There should be sufficient space on the CD so this won't have to be trimmed but I cannot make any promises, the production of the CD is not my department -- I just provide the content. But I'd say the odds are waaaaaaaaaaay good that everyone will get included. I cannot tell you how much I think the readers will enjoy hearing all these mixes. I certainly have!! If anything gets across the relationship between mixing and a song, these mixes do. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! Very cool. This has been such a great project, thanks for making it happen here at good ol' SSS. Now get me those bios!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK. I've been able to set up a server here at the studio. But the IP will change every couple of days, becasue of my ADSL connection. For those who want to downnload the mix I've done. I currentkly have the full wave file version called New Final.wav. A friend of mine is mastering it for me. So the mastered version as well as an mp3 should be available ther very soon. This can give you a pre and post master idea. here's the login info. You must use an FTP program. 216.232.159.35 Login/Pass: anonymous Port 200. the transfer should be set to PASV.

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

Well, I guess Henchman has us all feeling like dummies. I've spent about a half-hour futilely trying to get to his mix file. Henchy, can you just post a URL where the file is sitting? Just like I did when I posted the original GT3 tracks? That would probably be the easiest way to do this. Thanx.

Hey guys, go get [url=http://www.smartftp.com]Smart FTP.[/url] It's a free ftp program for personal use and works very well, and is easy to use. No spyware either. :thu: I'm downloading the final mix now. Shoulda been shortened. :D

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Some more news: * According to the latest byte count, it looks like there will definitely be enough room on the CD for all the mixes. * In return for your letting me use your song on the book's companion CD, I've arranged to have Wizoo or Music Sales send a copy of the book to each participant! Here's how it's gonna work: 1. When the book comes out, I will post a thread here saying that it's out, and ask anyone who wants a copy to send me their mailing address. DO NOT SEND THIS TO ME NOW, I will need your address as of when the book is out, which could be a few months. 2. The fallback plan in case the SSS servers blow up or something is I will post a notice on craiganderton.com when the book appears, at which point the participants can email me with mailing addresses. 3. If all else fails, you participated, you wanted a book and didn't get it (e.g., you were touring Southeast Asia to support your multi-platinum CD when the book came out and didn't see the thread), email me after June (the book had *better* be out by then), and I'll make sure you get a copy. THANKS AGAIN everyone!

[quote]Originally posted by loudist: [b]And where is that DJDM vaporware that is supposed to be so freaking happening?[/b][/quote]You're acting like a "spoiled child." :D I love ya loudist, glad I'm going to get a chance to hear the last two mixes you did :love:

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

<> Okay, I remember downloading them a long time ago...they'd be GREAT to include, talk about a different perspective! As I recall they were WMA files so if you could send to me as MP3, that would be wonderful. Or if they end up being posted, I'll just download 'em. Don't forget to email me a bio. Thanks! Craig

<> Well, I think I can arrange that. Here ya go: [url=http://www.420recordsgroup.com/mp3/GT3%20Rock-a-bility.mp3]loudist\'s GT3 Rock-a-bility Mix - Click here [/url] [url=http://www.420recordsgroup.com/mp3/GT3%20FONK.mp3]loudist\'s GT3 F O N K Mix - Click here[/url]

Archived