Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

UPDATE: GT3 PROJECT AND "MIXING & MASTERING" BOOK

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by dBunny: [b][b]HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEORGE ! ! ![/b] So, you're like, what, 23 now???[/b][/quote]Thanks, Bunny! Yep, I'm 23. Pretty soon, it's off to the old folks home.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

<> Artists get really sensitive about their work because it's a part of them, so by implication, if someone doesn't like your work then they don't like you. But that's not the case. It's more like someone might not like the shirt you're wearing. George, as a public service, I'm going to encapsulate your entire future career right now so you can get past caring whether people like your stuff or not: "Hey George! Your stuff sucks! It's crap!" "Hey George! Your stuff rocks! It's great!" Okay, everyone has been heard from now. Just make whatever kind of music you want to make -- the people who like it will find it, and the people who don't will avoid it.

Even though I'm young, I'm definitely of the realization that the old adage "one man's trash is another man's treasure," is very true. I think in a way, that's true of people's personalities as well. Usually someone's strong points can be their downfall, unless they are mediated.

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]Please, could everyone else send me their bio+info. Up to 250 words is fine but if you're really inspired to do more, I'll try to deal with it. In addition, feel free to include any technical info on the mix, including what software you used. A PM is fine or you can email me direct.[/b][/quote]I sended you a PM with the info, let me know if it is Ok.

Josep Tvrdy

Vapor Studio

www.vaporstudio.com

A veces lo m�s dif�cil es no hacer nada.

<> Yes, thank you, it's fine. Gracias. For those who have not sent in bios, I will make up one. No, just kidding, but it will look weird if there's a hole there...please if you haven't sent me a bio, do so now. It doesn't have to be long.

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b] (I still haven't heard from Halljams or Ken/Eleven Shadows yet. If you guys would like to be a part of the CD, let me know.) Da list: . . . My Darling . . .[/b][/quote]Thanks so much for the compliment Darling, but I prefer to go by "Mr Darling" - my actual registered name :D I only noticed this thread now, so I'll send you bio + info asap. Danny

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]Which was the name used for the file? I don't recall seeing a "salvage one" file. Maybe I just missed it. Mr. Darling -- sorry about the typo, at least it was an entertaining one .[/b][/quote]Any of the "sal" related names belong to Sal. Salanonymous, Salamander, etc.... Sal is da man.

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]Okay, got Sal, no problem. Pretty impressive bio, too .[/b][/quote]I haven't seen the bio he sent you, but when I checked out Sal's website, I was surprised to have a computer program of his on my pc!

Hey, Craig. Sent you my higher quality mp3... it went awry one time and my computer froze up (it couldn't handle running all the programs I was running during the transfer). Just trying to see if you got it. :wave:

Yes, I got it. I am consolidating everyone's bios tonight (at least that's the plan) and writing the section in the book on the CD. I'm also going to double-check all the downloads and make sure everything is okay. I will post the finished text here for comments or changes as soon as it's done. Monday it all gets burned to CD and taken to Germany with me, so there won't be a lot of time to make changes in case I screw up . Well, actually if I spelled anyone's name wrong or anything, I'll be checking email in Europe and can get any corrections to my publisher. Once again, y'all are the best. I just think this is such a cool thing to have in a book on mixing. A lot of people have thanked me for doing this, but believe me, I'm the one thanking you. And in about 60-90 days, a bunch of readers will be thanking you too!

Another update: Consolidating the bios is taking a lot longer than I expected, and the length is a lot longer too. I will keep working on it but I will definitely need to edit it down a little bit. I'm assuming that those who didn't include notes on the mix simply didn't want to, right?

We know you're busy packing for Germany, writing books, composing music, finishing up your tax returns and all, but couldn't you have one of your assistants just post a list, Craig...? :rolleyes: Hey, just kiddin'... :D Bon voyage! And have fun in Europe...! :p

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

• 2 weeks later...

Archived