Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

WAKE, AH SAY, WAKE UP!

Tedster

Sorry. I'm trying like crazy to stay awake...feel like I've taken several of those Benadryl antihistimine pills that put you to sleep. I haven't taken anything.

Just need some lively discussion here. Something to get people's blood pressure up...like "ANYONE WHO PLAYS A (insert brand name here) IS A WANKER"...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tedster:

I'm in suspense...carpetbaggers???

Actually, I think Missouri was divided...

Ah Ted

Sex drugs and antihistamine..... what a powerful combination.... even if ya haven't had any of the above.

Tips for staying awake then.....

1. Turn the music up

2. Think about your IRS returns

3. Tell the wife she's putting on weight.

4. Tell the wife you've forgotten when your anniversary is.

5. Look at your bank statement.

6. Think about how much you owe on your mortagage

7. Imagine someone has just driven over you guitar

but mostly STAY AWAKE!!

These are a few of my favourite things......

Simon http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

I hear ya buddy. I can't stay awake either! I've had this miserable cold for almost a week now. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif Just saps my energy, and my ears are plugged up so trying to record or mix anything is a joke!

I did, however, drag my ass out to see NRBQ on Sunday night. I hadn't seen them in nearly 10 years and boy am I glad I did! They've still got it, for sure! I love those guys. Used to see them a lot in L.A. and uh, Ted, Bonnie Raitt used to sit in with them a lot. Knew THAT would wake you up (or at least it would wake up some parts of you)! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

--Lee

Lee said...

>>>I did, however, drag my ass out to see NRBQ on Sunday night. I hadn't seen them in nearly 10 years and boy am I glad I did! They've still got it, for sure! I love those guys. Used to see them a lot in L.A. and uh, Ted, Bonnie Raitt used to sit in with them a lot. Knew THAT would wake you up (or at least it would wake up some parts of you)!

Yep, Lee, I'm awake now!!! Glad you got to see a good show! (Homer voice) Mmmmmm....Bonnie Raitt...

Simon, some of the things on your list wouldn't just wake me up, they'd get me killed, or worse, castrated...especially # 3 and 4!!!

True Ted

but you'd be one hell of a fine person to go to sleep in the middle of a castration now wouldn't you? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Lee

sorry to hear about your cold http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif They are a real shit aren't they.... Stunning to think in the 21st century they still can't do anything about it..... huh?

Simon

I usually get tired around 9:30 AM or so and then again right after lunch. But you know what really sucks?

Last Thursday I was driving out on the interstate and I got so tired I had to pull over and take a nap. There weren't any parking spaces available in the rest area so I pulled in between a couple of trucks on the ramp going out of the rest area. I was completely off the ramp and out of harms way.

After sleeping for about 15 min. I get this knock on the window. It was a cop and he wanted to see my liscense. He took it and walked up to the truck behind me and then the next one and so on.

About a half hour later he comes back with a citation for illegal parking!!

In fact he ticketed 10 of us!! Boy did I come unglued. Here I am actually being penalized for being SAFE and pulling off the road when I got tired.

I proceeded to let him know how oxy-MORONIC this was. I mean, here is a rest area that has not been updated since it was built 35 years ago when there traffic was a mere 10% of what it is today, many states have made the rampsides into extra parking, but I have to be penalized by the same authorities who should be responsible for doing something about the problem. I wish I knew how to apply some of those machine gun icons here.

I makes me wonder if there isn't more than just racial profiling by cops. I mean figure, truck drivers and a musician....occupational profiling perhaps? Actually I think it is all more like "pontential revenue profiling". Law enforcement seems to be more concerned with the "bottom line" than it is actually preventing and stopping crime and promoting safety.

Anyway, It was certainly an adrenalin booster. I drove 400 miles non-stop after that. In fact, I was sitting here falling asleep and just thinking about it woke me right up. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif john

A young guy was driving a bit fast, crossing a bridge. Sure enough, there was a cop on the other side with a radar gun. The guy got pulled over for speeding. "Going kinda fast" said the cop. "I'm late for work" the man replied. "What do you do?" asked the cop. "I'm a rectum stretcher". "A WHAT?"

"Sure" replied the man. "I start with one finger, then two, then a whole hand, then two hands, and I slo-owly stretch it out until it's six feet wide!"

"And just what do you do with a six foot asshole?" asked the cop.

"I park him on a bridge with a radar gun"...

LOL Tedster... Oh and about the tonsilectomy that you slept through....

Did your wife perform THAT surgery?.....hehehehe

Oh Homer , I'm sure this is gonna hurt you more than me......in her best Blance voice..... hehehe.

rick

Originally posted by b3wiz:

He took it and walked up to the truck behind me and then the next one and so on.

I was pulled over week before last because I had let my tag expire. Turns out I hadn't put my new insurance card in my wallet as well.

"You know you're not supposed to drive in Georgia without insurance?"

"I have insurance, I just forgot the card..."

(cop walks back to his car.

In the meantime, 2 other cop cars have pulled up. I *knew* I shouldn't have held up that liquor store! Oh, wait, maybe it was that child prostitution ring? Or was it the crack I was selling?)

20 minutes later, after sitting in my car sweating, being late for work, ANOTHER cop pulls up.

This guy walks up with my license and goes "we ran your license through and see you have insurance.... You need to get your sticker and card, good day".

30 minutes. The first cop was basically harassing me, he could have done the same thing the last cop did.

A personal pet peeve are "license checks". Stopping citizens to see if they have their identification? It's amazing how the Cold War is over, but it seems like Amerika is slowly becoming an authoritarian state anyhow....

------------------

New and Improved Music Soon: http://www.mp3.com/chipmcdonald

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Hey, Chip..

Don't even get me going on cops. I suppose there are a few good ones...but, and I speak as a law-abiding citizen...most of 'em I've run across are arrogant bastards.

I'll shut up now, 'cause if I don't...this post will be three miles long and won't get posted 'til this afternoon.

There seems to be some different levels of their enthusiasm to enforce the law...the young guys slam for every infraction, the seasoned vet lets humanity takes it's natural course and enforces the ones he deems necessary, the highway patrol guys are like robots, the DEA are law enforcement like a crackhead without money, etc.

For the most part I support these guys, I'm sure there are plenty of negative instances, but how many of us put our lives on the line..every day????? Objectivity will suffer. They ought to be on for nine months and have a three month recovery or something.

Different cities have WAY different cops.......not like the military where it's kept nearly the same. In New Orleans, you step out of line and the Cresent City cops will put some knots on your head, in Houston they descend on you like ants on a dead rat, in Boston I've seen the neighborhood beat cops who actually do alot of good, also seen that in Buffalo.....they're human with some serious work, more serious than what I do.

About staying awake......I've been drinking Community Coffee all my life...it's roasted dark, French style.......excellent coonass cuisine......hey they even let cops drink it!

Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

I agree that they do a difficult job. But a lot of them (not all, mind you) just assume everyone that isn't wearing a badge is a crook. And when a few of them breed hostility among innocent citizens, that gives them all a bad name. The thing that I find so scary is their ability to cover up their mistakes and make them go away.

Hypothetical situation. A cop makes a traffic stop in front of your house. Your kids are playing in the front yard. Something happens, the guy goes for his insurance in the glove box, the cop overreacts, thinks he sees a gun, a shooting ensues. One of your kids is dead. Analyzing the incident, (if you're able to glean the facts) you discover that the person being stopped was unarmed. The cop has a history of "hair trigger syndrome".

Chances are, you'll never discover a lot of the facts, because the department will sweep the incident under the carpet. You'll never get your day in court to try to prove negligence on the part of the cop, because no lawyer will touch your case. The cop is above the law.

Incidents like this may be rare, but they do happen. And they leave an indelible mark on all involved. And, it's really a shame, because it sours the good name of the good officers out there.

What reeeeally pisses me off is the way the cops assume so much....

I mean, the only reason I was naked under the trenchcoat was because my house coat was at the cleaners... and the only reason I was at the old folks home at 4:00 a.m. was because it was the only place in town with fresh coffe at that time of the mornin'.... sheeesh!!!

rick

Originally posted by rosespappy:

What reeeeally pisses me off is the way the cops assume so much....

I mean, the only reason I was naked under the trenchcoat was because my house coat was at the cleaners... and the only reason I was at the old folks home at 4:00 a.m. was because it was the only place in town with fresh coffe at that time of the mornin'.... sheeesh!!!

rick

Yo Rick

Neat, very neat!!

BTW anyone know where in the hell Khan has got to, haven't seen him post owt for ages?

Simon http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Actually, Lee's been posting on "OTHER FORUMS"...

"Lee darlin', don't lie, honey...I know you've been, you've been, seeing ANOTHER FORUM" (Sob, sniff)...

No, seriously, she's been on Craig's forum recently.

As for that rascal Khan...well, maybe he's on a road gig or something...I'm sure he'll check in soon...

Let me guess.... A drummer. Yup gotta be! Now that Tedsters found Khan... then again, has anybody heard from D.Gauss in the last few? Ya know? Livin' in a small Northern Michigan church town, I've grown to hate gossip..... hehehehe! Hold it! Simon's been missin' fer a couple-a days too! Last I heard, his wife caught him with a nasty limerick in his hands!

rick

(Cheesy Wurlitzer organ music)...

(Announcer voice):

"Has Lee run off with the drummers on Dendy's forum?"

"Will Khan continue playing in front of 15,000 people?"

"Has Simon been castrated by his missus?"

"Will D. Gauss's orbit decay and send him spiraling at astounding speeds into an impact point near the Tunguska River in Siberia?"

"Will anything exciting ever happen in the copper and iron country of Northern Michigan?"

Tune in tomorrow...same time, same channel...

(I wanted to say "Same bat-time, same bat-channel", but that's another show).

LOL! Ya know, I too had been wondering where Khan and d gauss had run off to.... I haven't been posting as much lately because 1) I've had this BITCH of a cold which keeps hanging on and puts me in a very snarky mood, and 2) Well... I HAVE run off with a drummer... sort of... in a manner of speaking.

I can say no more at the moment.

Stay tuned for the next installment of "As the Machinehead Turns"...

--Lee

Hi Y'all

sorry I haven't been around, I've been nursing a pair of very swollen..... Tee hee http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif, well thats another story. No actually I've been workin my butt off with a band almost 24/7 so i been crawling into bed when I've finished... But hey, its the weekend so I've got some time off and here I am....

Simon http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------

Let's see if this finally works...so I can finally put my picture along with my posts...

http://www.recordingwebsite.com/graphics/curly.gif

This message has been edited by Tedster on 06-09-2001 at 02:52 PM

Hey! exciting things do happen in the minin' towns...eh? Why just last night we was down to da Bear Butt Inn and won the nightcrawler pickin' contest! They took a picture, but I guess the flasklight... the fisshlat...da dang bright ting wasn't bright enough! But that's okay, as soon as rosesmammy finishes windin' up da phone, we'll call it into the Marguette Mining Journal eh?

rick

oh yes, and Simon, I just tried to record an Anglican Priests tunes. I don't know how you guys make it look so easy. It took me forever to set up, and I still don't like the mix.

r

Archived