Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Buying a new Keyboard....what one?

metaphorinflames

Hey Im new to this site and I looked around for a while for this answer, but couldn't find anything. Ive been playing piano for several years now, but I'm going into playing rock keyboard and have no clue what to buy. All I want is a nice piano sound, tons of synth sounds and the capability to play samples I recorded while I also play something else. I also want a drum machine but dont need an amazing one. My price range is from 1000 to 2000 if needed but like to stay near 1000. I was thinking about getting a nice digatal piano and a little korg synth and a drum machine but i know next to to nothing about this so any help at all would be so much apreciated. Thank you all for your time and hope to talk to you all more often in the future,this is an amazing site.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your budget is is unrealistic for a digital piano, synth and drum machine.

Check out a few keyboard workstations at Guitar Center or some other larger music retailer.

Report back to us with specific makes/models of interest. Someone here probably has it already.

Then, maybe we can have a more healthy dialog.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Sorry not to be more specific,

The actual models, Im looking at are

Workstations/digatal pianos-

Yamaha motif 6

Korg triton le

Yamaha psr 1500

yamaha p-90

Synth(if needed)

microkorg

roland sh-201

For drum machines,this is my last concern.

if 2000 is unrealistic, I can also increase a little, but I buy gear used on ebay so the price is normaly a little lower.

Sorry not to be more specific,

The actual models, Im looking at are

Workstations/digatal pianos-

Yamaha motif 6

Korg triton le

Yamaha psr 1500

yamaha p-90

Synth(if needed)

microkorg

roland sh-201

For drum machines,this is my last concern.

if 2000 is unrealistic, I can also increase a little, but I buy gear used on ebay so the price is normaly a little lower.

i think you have to work it out in your head if you prefer a digital piano ( p90) over a w/s ( motif)

Only a w/s loads samples

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

For the sake of sanity, it would make sense to check out the boards listed above at a music store.

I know you aren't going to buy anything solely based on the opinions of a few keyboard players. ;)

Once you start looking at used gear, there are a multitude of options. Then, our opinions would make more sense as you may not be able to check them out firsthand. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

ProfD has provided sound advice. You need to play these instruments and then decide which one is best for you. I'll toss out a couple of quick-hit suggestions that I believe would meet just about all of your needs: Korg TR88 and Yamaha MO8 (the MO does not sample, but is a killer board nonetheless).

Originally posted by metaphorinflames:

thanks you all, and sorry for my stupidity

Don't know how you read stupidity into our comments above.

There are so many boards out there that you owe it to yourself to touch and hear them prior to making a decision.

If you cannot do that for one reason or another, then asking about a specific board will be helpful around here.

We only consider questions stupid if you have not read the sticky thread FAQs. ;):cool:

PD

Originally posted by metaphorinflames:

thanks you all, and sorry for my stupidity

its ok, the bill is on the way to you

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Of the instruments that you mentioned, I have owned one similar, the Yamaha 3000. I paid about $1300.00 for it. (It usually sells for $1500.00 but I got it on sale) It was a wonderful instrument of a kind. The rhythms available were very good. The sounds were top notch. (in many ways similar to the Yamaha ES) This instrument is not a good instrument for church work (in my opinion) It is good for one man performances, piano bar work, weddings, parties, Etc. The saxophones, flutes ect. were great. The easy pianos were good. There were more features on this machine than you would ever use. It was as good a portable as I had ever seen. As an instrument for church work, or for a band, I would not consider it best. For what you appear to be needing, the 1500 might not meet your needs.

Summers

Archived