Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Campfire music?

[quote]Originally posted by fantasticsound: [b]And I suppose he wouldn't be averse to, say, 4 or 5 of your forum buddies crashing the party with our.. er.. their families, right? ;) If so, I promise to bring my daughter, my acoustic guitar, banjolin (Or I can promise to [i]leave[/i] the banjolin!), my slalom ski, micro-mini slalom ski, and a 20 year old Hydroslide. (One of these days I'll get a new and much improved one!) So when is this shindig? (Don't forget to invite Ted!) ;) (Anifa reacting to this post:) Uh... Oh... :freak: That's the last time I tell them [i]anything[/i]! :D [/b][/quote]Actually, if Jeff ever gets over his EXTREME PARTYING habits and decides to settle down enough to tap into this forum; he might extend his personal invitation to select members on board. He'd probably be a troll at first, but he'd blend in quickly. :freak: He's like a kid brother to me (36 or 37)and he's more into playing music and partying than the business end of things. I keep telling him to stop hanging out in TEEN AGE chat rooms and come over to where he could connect with people that REALLY know their business. He loves music and he loves partying; he'd fit right in. I, personally, have always wanted to buy a spread of property down near my mother's grave which is near Buffalo, Mo.... Bennett Springs has excellent surrounding campgrounds too... That way I would be free to call the shots, and not have to worry about having to find the right location. I want some acreage to just open up wide, have a hog roast and kegger party. I'd buy the first keg and the hog, then pass the hat.... Used to hosts parties when I was younger, but being a single parent can be overwhelming at times. Just haven't got to that stage in life yet to be able to afford my music toys AND plan for a POSH retirement; nor can I ever find the time to assemble something as big as I used to.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They do have books available of campfire songs from the BSA. A couple that weren't mentioned are- "Do Your Ears/Balls Hang Low?" and "Over the Hills and Through The Woods..." On top of Spaghetti/Old Smokey is good too (someone mentioned it). Also "There's an old man named Michael Finnigan, shaved his beard but it grew in again, etc.."

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Wow! You folks are great. I've been wildly busy for the past few days and haven't been around much. Thank you very much for the suggestions. I'd forgotten about most of those old 'standards'. After I get my chops up at the Boy Scout dinner, maybe I'll be good enough to be invited to Anifa's party? :) The Ozarks are beautiful. Thanks again, Paul

Archived