Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Stage � �Sticky� LED Volume Knob

Moonglow

Hi All,

Ive noticed that the rotary LED volume knob for the synth section on my Nord Stage occasionally gets stuck at around the eight oclock position. Consequently, I am unable to turn the volume completely down. I can fully increase the volume, but can not lower it past the 8:00 position. Furthermore, once the knob/LED becomes stuck, it remains like this for other programs that use the synth section, so switching programs does not fix the problem. I can remedy this by turning the unit off/on, but of course, I have to wait for the keyboard to re-boot (pain in the ass). The panic button does not correct the problem. In terms of frequency, Ive used the NS for about five gigs now, and the problem has occurred once at each job. I have the most recent OS installed (2.16). Im wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, if it is a systemic bug, or if I need to take the unit into the shop. I thought I would post this issue here before I rattle someones cage at Clavia. Thanks!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, guys. Forgot all about that damn wheel! It's hard to see how far it is pushed forward on a dark/semi-dark stage, especially since I have another keyboard just above it. As usual, you guys rock!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Archived